FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES
{ Click the Blog Banner to return to the Main Page }

Jul 21, 2007

My Favorite Teacup

MY FAVORITE TEACUP! FINE BONE CHINA; MADE IN ENGLAND BY AYNSLEY.

A TEATIME BLESSING
From "If Teacups Could Talk," by Emilie Barnes

Lord, Grant that our time together
be steeped in serenity, sweetened by sharing,
and surrounded by the
warm fragrance of your love.

AMEN


Aside from it's beauty and elegance, my "favorite teacup" has a story to tell. It was a gift from Barry– my husband. He had entered the threshold of Hiatt & Peek, in the Long Beach Market Place with a well thought out mission. Aware of my fondness for this shop, he knew he couldn't strike out; however, he wasn't playing it safe. This time he wasn't procrastinating. This time...he intended to bring home something that would say everything.

After being directed to lavish shelves of tea things, he weighed his choices and managed to select the consummate teacup; one he knew I would choose. And he was right. I was smitten. My teacup collection was upstaged. I still admire it daily since it's displayed on my bedroom nightstand, surrounded by seashells that draw out the blue and rose hues of the cup.


Gail Greco was quoted in "If Teacups Could Talk" as saying, "Somehow, taking tea together encourages an atmosphere of intimacy when you slip off the timepiece in your mind and cast your fate to a delight of tasty tea, tiny food, and thoughtful conversation." Formal or informal, alone or with friends– tea is an aromatic escape from the mundane; made even more splendiferous by a beautiful piece of china.

No comments: