FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES
{ Click the Blog Banner to return to the Main Page }

Aug 31, 2007

Frau Frugal and Tantalizing Tongue Twisters

I have a sweet, stuck-in-the-60's pal who amazes me! Laura Cowan, alias Frau Frugal, has a highly sensitive sale sniffer (say that 3 times!) If there's a bargain to be found, Frau Frugal is on it before the retailer has even conceived the sale!

Months ago, she went to the Ellison Design warehouse sale here in Southern California. Ellison Design recently merged with Sizzix brands. I was preparing for an expensive move at the time, so I gave her a $20.00 budget to find something special. Today, we finally rendezvoused and I received the benefit of her frugality.

For $20.00, she purchased a brand new Sizzix Sidekick Starter Kit (another tongue twister) and 17 dies! This would normally retail for about $125.00! So, I experienced a savings of $105.00 or 84%! Now, I would say that this sale was something to die for!

(Pictured here: the Sizzix Sidekick Starter Kit. My 17 dies are not shown.)

No comments: