FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES
{ Click the Blog Banner to return to the Main Page }

Sep 22, 2007

We are actually having some weather!

WEATHER

FORGIVE ME FOR A LITTLE EXCITEMENT HERE, but we are actually experiencing WEATHER here in Southern California! You know the tune and you're probably singing or humming it right now...


Seems it never rains in southern California

Seems I've often heard that kind of talk before
It never rains in California
But girl don't they warn ya
It pours, man it pours

Well, it's raining, it's pouring and no one is snoring because my husband's retreating in the mountains right now. We've been experiencing drought conditions here, so this rain is welcome. I'm even a bit more gleeful because this marks the first official rainy night at my new abode! I was afraid that this storm system had eluded us, but indeed it has dropped in for a visit; the length to be determined.


RANDOM GIVEAWAY!
The DESIGN MOM blog is doing another random Giveaway! This time, she is giving away a Land's End Backpack (which retails for $39.50) and a $100.00 Land's End Gift Card! All you have to do is go to THIS link and post a comment. The winner will be randomly chosen and announced on Tuesday morning.

3 comments:

Tea Time and Roses said...

Oh Karen how sweet is your photo... Yes, it is raining in Southern California and I am just loving it! It did my heart good to see the rain come down this morning I was so excited I had to snap a picture! Oh I hope it last a few days it makes for cozy weekend...

Karen thank you so much for your sweet comments regarding "Silhouette". You have a wonderful weekend, and enjoy the rain drops...

Smiles...

Beverly

Sheila said...

I'm glad you are getting the needed rain. So many parts of the country are in drought or near-drought states.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

I was singing along with you!
We had a bit of weather yesterday~ crazy rain, sunshine, and rainbows at the same moment.