FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES

Oct 17, 2007

Creamy Corn Chowder

Creamy Corn Chowder
From “The Kitchen Konnection”

Before the land of blogs, a friend of mine used to send out a hard copy newsletter called The Kitchen Konnection. She has since hung up her apron, but this recipe has always been a comfort food favorite among friends. No, it is not made completely from scratch, but it is fast, easy, and gratifying.

  • 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut in cubes
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 large cans creamed corn
  • 2 large cans evaporated milk
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
  1. In a large saucepan, place cut potatoes in water to cover. Cook until barely tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and return to saucepan.
  2. In frying pan, sauté onions in butter until transparent but not brown. Put into pan with potatoes. Add creamed corn, evaporated milk and pepper and heat on low, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let chowder cool down. Refrigerate in bowl and allow flavors to “marry” overnight. Serve with warm rolls or oyster crackers.
  3. This can also be put in a crock-pot on low for a few hours.

7 comments:

Nunnie's Attic said...

KJ,
Thank you so much for visiting me!! I'm sorry about the cross-over. No one else has mentioned it and of course it's showing fine on my end so I'm not sure what is happening.

That corn chowder sounds delicious. Is it more soupy though? My kids love corn chowder. And using the crockpot sounds like a good idea. I'll have to try this. Sounds really easy and really good. Gotta love that!

Love,
Julie

KJ said...

Hi Julie!

This is definitely a chowder and not a soup. You can always thin it with some milk or broth, but it really is yummy as a think chowder.

Thanks for your comments! :~D

KJ

Rosemary said...

KJ,
Thanks so much for visiting my blog.
Who knew that pumpkin would be so expensive at Michael's.
Your chowder recipe sounds great! I will have to try that one.
Thanks,
Rosemary

justabeachkat said...

I used to make a corn chowder very smilar to this one. Soooo yummy. In my recipe you add some liquid smoke. Love the flavor it gives.

Hugs!
Kat

Felicia said...

Sounds delicious :)

Scrappy Moments said...

I love Corn Chowder,This Sounds Delish! Thank You for the recipe :)

Thanks also for the sweet comments you left at my blog, you are welcome anytime~

Angie :)

Mrs. Staggs said...

I love corn chowder, but have never made it at home. This recipe looks quick and simple. I appreciate having it. Thank you.