FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES
{ Click the Blog Banner to return to the Main Page }

Oct 26, 2007

Friday Update

Greetings! Many thanks to ALL OF YOU who have posted prayerful and poignant comments regarding the ongoing fires in California. We obviously have a ways to go before the fires are quenched. I wish to encourage all of you to add the multitudes of displaced families to your long term prayer lists. As we all know, the process of rebuilding a life is arduous and often very slow.

Reminder: The Haiku contest ends tomorrow night, Saturday, October 27th at 11:59 Pacific Standard Time. The information is 5 posts down. The winner will receive a $15.00 Starbucks card. It's easy and fun!

Picture courtesy of Haiku Hotlist, a web page that features links to sites related to this theme.

4 comments:

Kari & Kijsa said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with all those in Southern California! Thanks for all your sweet posts!

blessings, kari and kijsa

Penny @ Lavender Hill Studio said...

Thinking of you and everyone in California. My prayers are with all those in need.
Penny

Meadow Street said...

I am in So Ca too, and am near the fires. hope you are safe

IslandGirl4Ever2 said...

Hi there,

I just found your blog on Paris Breakfasts and really appreciate your posts about the Calif. fires.. I live in France now (a little over a year) and I spent most of my life in San Diego (I'm from LA originally, though). A lot lot of my dear friends were evacuated from there homes and I have heard back from most of them and they have since gone home and their homes are okay.. Ihave not heard from EVERYONE I know, but I suspect I have friends who have lost everything... Friends who live in RB and Poway... It's sooooo scarey and devastating... Take care, Leesa