FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES

Nov 28, 2007

Bells & Punctuation

B E L L S

Oh, he did whistle and she did sing,
And all the bells on earth did ring,
For joy that our Saviour He was born
On Christmas Day in the morning.

- From an Old English Carol


P U N C T U A T I O N

An English professor wrote the words, "a woman without her man is nothing" on the blackboard and directed the students to punctuate it correctly.


The men wrote:
"A woman, without her man, is nothing."

The women wrote:
"A woman: without her, man is nothing."

Punctuation is everything!

8 comments:

PAT said...

Correct!;-) The second one, that is! Great post!

Pat

hopetreestudio said...

Ha this is good like it. Denise

Becky K. said...

I'll have to use that with the kids today. Hmmm....maybe not.
Too cute!
Becky K.

DebraK from ~the Bunnies Bungalow~ said...

Of course the second one is correct! I loved the sentiment from the old card.

Stop by, I'm having a giveaway.
Hugs, DebraK

groovyoldlady said...

Hahahahahaha!

bj said...

Thanks for stopping by my place!
I just LOVE this humor....I'm pretty sure I'll get to use that someday!
hugs, bj

Lisa J said...

I was so tickled you left a note on my blog about my crazy kids!
Then, to top it off, I saw that you are an artist and live in California, and teach voice and drama. Soooooo, I figure you MUST know about the Young Americans! (Please say yes!)
They just came here on tour and 7 of them stayed in our home. This is the 3rd time and I have been following them for 30 years. it is one of my biggest regrets in life...that I was not a Young American.
Do you know them???
Lisa J

Donna Layton said...

Oh this is too funny! Love it.