FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES

Nov 10, 2007

Today's Bouquets

Blogging in itself has been a bouquet of multiple and varied blooms. One of these sweet blooms has involved making the acquaintance of Judy at Fabric Art & Crafts. One of Judy's standout qualities is her beautiful heart, which permeates her correspondence as well as her creative process.

Yesterday, I received a Judy "ju-be" in the mail. A "ju-be"– rhymes with chubby– is my abbreviation for a "just because": a gift with no connection to a standard holiday or event. I was delighted to open a plump envelope containing a gorgeous handmade card and 2 playful holiday magnets. Judy meticulously created each of these gifts with the use of miniature pieces of fabric and small embellishments. I couldn't be more pleased!

I definitely want Judy to share the details of her artistry! I'm wondering if she uses tweezers... The results are wonderful!

Thank-YOU, Judy, for blessing me with such one-of-a-kind gifts! I am honored to be the recipient of your friendship and affirmation! It means a great deal to me!

ANOTHER BOUQUET

Several weeks ago, I ordered a framed, embroidered songbird from the fabulous Mrs. Kwitty! She hosts the whimsical blog, Whatever Strikes Mrs. Kwitty's Fancy. She faithfully finished the project and sent it my way; however, my little songbird took a detour. This was a mystery to us both until this last week; I arrived at work and found a "Mrs. Kwitty" package sitting on my piano bench! At first, I was shocked because Mrs. Kwitty doesn't know where I work. Then, it all began to make sense.

I moved in May of this year. We were approaching the deadline of finding a home, so I had all of our mail forwarded to a friend near my workplace. When I payed through PayPal, the purchase somehow defaulted to my previous information. So, this little songbird traveled to my old address and was then forwarded to my friend– who graciously delivered it to where I work!



This was an answer to prayer! The backside of the frame reads: "Life is a dance; God's love is the music." Beautiful! Thank-YOU, Mrs. Kwitty! As a singer, this little songbird and I have many duets ahead of us!

6 comments:

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Thats a sweet idea! Ju-be...I'll remember that. I haven't been to Mrs. Kwitty's in a long while...thanks for the reminder!

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Cafepress makes the items as they are ordered. Really all I did to set up a shop was upload two photos. Nobody has ever purchased anything.

Judy said...

Thank you so much for the kind mention, KJ! I'm so glad you enjoyed the little gifts.I do sometimes use tweezers, but usually just tiny scissors and my strongest reading glasses!!
Your friendship is a lovely gift for me, also.

Kari & Kijsa said...

We just got the gift card in the mail.....so cute....you packaged it so well and we loved the gift card holder almost as much as the gift card!!!!

You are the best!

Have a very, very, very blessed day!

smiles, kari and kijsa

Tea Time and Roses said...

Karen, thank you so much for mentioning these beautiful blogs... I will be visit them today. You have a wonderful week.

Hugs to you...

Beverly

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Hi KJ-
I am sorry it's taken me so long to peek in on your blog again! I get so busy at this time of the year and don't have much time for the usual fun of leisurely reading all my favorites :o) Thanks so much for the lovely remarks--I am soooo happy that your little bird finally flew home, even if he did take the long way home, lol! Have a wonderful day---Hugs! Karen