FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES

Jan 2, 2008

Jaden's Steamy Kitchen & Chocolate

My Christmas tree is scheduled to be untrimmed today. The fact that it's still standing is not unusual for me since my tree goes up 7-10 days before Christmas, and I'm always reluctant to part with it. Nevertheless, a rotund Christopher Radko Santa is still doing pirouettes between the white lights illuminating over 30 years of ornaments.

Still beneath the tree are at least 20 BOXES OF CHOCOLATES—all gifts. Now, it's no secret that chocolate and I are extremely close, especially when it's Godiva which disappears the moment I know it exists. The chocolates that remain under the tree are understudies that can only promise average results which—simply put—aren't worth wearing!

So, I must be half-baked to be offering another sweet treat when most of our sugar levels are doing trapeze acts! Well, it's an enticement! Yes, a luscious enticement to connect to Jaden's Steamy Kitchen blog; a site that is sure to lure you into healthier choices for 2008!

Jaden was born in Hong Kong and raised in Nebraska (the state that my mother's side of the family hails from). As you read her Shameless Self-Promotion, "Because," as she puts it, "even egos have to be fed," you will discover her many accolades, including live demonstrations on ABC's morning news segments. She is beautiful, witty, and gifted as she gives generous servings of what she promotes as "Modern Asian: fast, fresh, simple enough for tonight's supper." I will advise you that sometimes her language is a bit raw; however, she is always entertaining.

Dark Chocolate & Toffee Macadamia BarkFrom Jaden's Steamy Kitchen


A great treat that you can customize to your liking. Substitute with milk chocolate chips, those fancy white chocolate chips, pecans, walnuts, pistachios (ooooh that would be pretty).

NOTE: The Dark Chocolate & Toffee Macadamia Bark takes 2 hours to chill.

  • ½ box of graham crackers
  • ¼ cup brown sugar
  • ¼ cup sugar
  • ½ lb butter (2 sticks)
  • 3 cups dark chocolate chips (or your favorite chocolate bars, broken into small pieces)
  • 1 cup roughly chopped macadamia nuts (or other nut if you prefer)
Preheat oven to 350F. Line a lipped baking sheet with a layer of tin foil. Arrange a single layer of graham crackers in the pan without overlapping. In a small saucepan, melt butter and add the sugars. Whisk to dissolve. Let boil and simmer for 5 minutes on low. Very carefully pour mixture onto the graham crackers, working quickly with a spatula to even out the layer. Bake 10 minutes. Remove and evenly spread out the chocolate chips and leave it to melt for 5 minutes. Using spatula, spread the melted chocolate evenly. Top with chopped nuts. Let cool. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Break pieces. (Yields 1 lb.)
Share with the world.

14 comments:

NAME: CIELO said...

Dear sweet KJ: Thank you for posting such sincere and heartfelt words on my blog regarding the "woman in the red suit".

As I've mentioned today, it always amazes me to realize that although this world sometimes may appear dark, and devoided of God, still has more good people in it than bad. And I do appreciate all those good peoples out there, of which I am including you!

Many blessings to you and yours during 2008! Enjoy those wonderful chocolates, and don’t stress in too much work.

Drop the last year into the silent limbo of the past. Let it go, for it was imperfect, and thank God that it can go (Brooks Atkinson)

Have a wonderful day!

Rosemary said...

Sounds yummy!
I will save that one for Valentine's Day!
Rosemary

Judy said...

This recipe sounds delicious!!!
Just stopping by, KJ, to wish you a very happy New Year!!! I, too, am sorry that I was so close to you last week, in Santa Barbara, and missed seeing you!! But I'm back home now and continue to enjoy your blog!!
Take care.
Judy

Lady N said...

thanks for the recipe - this looks delicious!

Mary Isabella said...

Happy Happy New Year. Thanks for a yummy looking and sounding recipe.

SteamyKitchen said...

happy new year! enjoy the chocolately treats.

xo, jaden

LZ Blogger said...

KJ ~ Thanks for stopping by my little blog. Please do it again ANY TIME! ~ jb///

Fridhemspinglan said...

Well, back at you!
That's a greeting to warm my heart.

I really shouldn't be reading your postings with all those delish chocolaty temptations...
New beguinnings, you know...

God bless you.
Ingela :)

Amy said...

Thank you so much for sharing your chocolate recipe. I, too, love, love chocolate of all kinds. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Please stop by any time at all. Chocolate lovers are always extra welcome! Have a wonderful 2008! Amy

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Oooo, this sounds wonderful and a different twist on toffee. Thank you for sharing and thanks for visiting my blog the other day. I'll be adding you to my list!

Happy New Year!!

Becky

Lisa said...

I may have to try this....before Valentines. I need to lose a few pounds and THAT IS the plan. But in all fairness I should sample this, only a trial run just to make sure its yummy before Valentines Day.
I mean really, who in the world would make this to serve on an important day without sampling first. Yeah that will be my excuse. LOL
Thanks for sharing!

ShabbyInTheCity said...

What a FINE recipe!!! I'm on it Karen...or it will be on me rather.
Sorry I haven't been here! Spread too thin...well... you know what I mean. I do think of you....how is that?

Heart of Wisdom said...

Thanks so much for the recipe! I can't wait to try it! Blessings to you in this coming year.



I’m looking forward to browsing your blog.



Come visit http://heartofwisdom.com/blog.



I also have a new blog to help Christian bloggers learn how to get more traffic. http://heartofwisdom.com/Blogginghelp.

Robin

Mrs. Staggs said...

I'm a fan for chocolate too, and this recipe looks wonderful.

Happy New Year to you!