FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES

Feb 13, 2008

Do you recognize this conversation?

Below is one of my favorite movie dialogs. I think it captures the flirtatious allure of womanhood. Do you recognize it?

Violet: [Walking charmingly past Mr. Bailey and 2 other men.] Good afternoon, Mr. Bailey.

Mr. Bailey: Hello, Violet. [A bit overtaken by Violet's appearance.] Hey, you look good. That's some dress you got on there.

Violet: [Smiling broadly.] This old thing? Why I only wear it when I don't care how I look." [She walks off.]

9 comments:

Andi said...

It's A Wonderful Life!!! And it is!!! One of my favorite movies!

Have a Happy Valentine's Day!!!

PAT said...

Yes ma'am, I do indeed recognize that conversation!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Pat

Judy said...

I thought it was from Gone With The Wind and that you had changed the name! Then, when I saw It's a Wonderful Life in Andi's comment, I knew that was it!!

Happy Valentine's Day, KJ!

Joyce said...

I didn't even get to watch it this year but who could EVER forget those lines.....love em!
Have a HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
Joyce

Kristi said...

Congratulations!!! You won my drawing for my Broccolini painting!! My blog is http://deerlove.blogspot.com and you can e-mail me your address at kristizoebelein@thompsontractor.com or if it's going to be on the weekend e-mail me at retrodeer@yahoo.com. WEeeee! Thanks for entering!!

Kristi

Sheila said...

Happy Valentine's Day sweet friend....I love this post! It is soo good to be female....lol Have a "sweet" day.

KJ said...

This dialog is classic, isn't it? I never tire of this movie! To think that it wasn't well received when it first came out!

KJ

Valerie said...

This is one of my favorite movies too! Thanks for sharing!

Cyndi Evans said...

It's a Wonderful Life! James Stewart is one of my most favorite actors! :) One of my favorite movies.