FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES
{ Click the Blog Banner to return to the Main Page }

Feb 9, 2008

Today's Bouquets


PRAISE REPORT!

I am writing a cheerful addendum
to a post that I wrote back on October 15, 2007 called "Harvest". I have been blogging since last June and I am drawing spatially closer to my 200th post with a pace that astonishes me! Anyway, I digress. In the aforementioned post, I illuminated the principles of giving, basically stating that we cannot out-give God!


I will get to the cheerful part in a moment, but first let me set the stage. In my August 6, 2007 post, From Here to There, I shared in depth about my family's financial challenges. I'll be honest, life has sometimes seemed like a "trudgery"! Yet, much like trudging through the deep snows of winter, with Christ, the hope of spring delivers us onto the awakening soil of renewal.

Recently, we learned that Barry's boss is secretly selling his business and doesn't want to my husband to know. Most likely, his boss is doing this out of fear of losing Barry prematurely and not wanting a customer fallout. It's fair to say that this is selfish, especially considering that Barry's boss is paying him a pittance of what was promised. In addition, his boss decided not to pay Barry for the month of February; a long story, but a reality.

So, here we were with this recent revelation 2 days before rent was due. We had no other recourse but to trust God. On the due date, we went to church and Barry gave his last $60.00 into the offering. Before leaving church that evening, a dear couple felt led to give us $400.00. The following day, my aunt sent me a belated Birthday check of $50.00. In the meantime, eviction papers were served to us, giving us until Friday the 8th to pay or quit.

On, the morning of the 8th, I was scheduled to lead Worship at a breakfast meeting. The Lord brought back to my memory the recent message that our retreat speaker had exhorted us with. I began to say aloud, "The facts are these: rent is due today, we don't have the money, and we're scheduled for eviction. The truth is this: God owns the cattle on a thousand hills; He will never leave us or forsake us; He will supply all of our needs according to His riches in Glory; and Luke 6:38 (NKJ) "Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you." Facts don't set us free; the Truth sets us free.

While leading Worship at the meeting, I encouraged the audience with what I had rehearsed in my spirit. Barry arrived towards the end of the meeting to receive some prayer. A gentleman approached us with his checkbook and told us that he felt directed to pay our rent. He wrote out a $2500.00 check (more than what we owed) and gave it to us! Two other precious ladies slipped checks into my hands for $300.00 and $25.00, and another dear soul gave me a $5.00 bill, apologizing for the amount. That $5.00 bill was gold to us!

We paid our rent as well as another obligation. In a span of 3 days our "facts" were resurrected by "Truth"!

14 comments:

Andi said...

"Divine Love Always Has Met and Always Will Meet Every Human Need."

My Mother used to say those words and they're so very true.

God Bless You.

By the way...I do want to see the "cootie catcher" fold!!! And congratulations on your wins!

Julie Marie said...

God Bless You! I am so glad you were able to meet your financial obligations through the power of prayer. We have had so many financial problems ourselves but have somehow made it to this point with the help/grace of God!

Love,Julie

NeereAnDear said...

You are trying to make me cry aren't you? What a lovely story... wow its amazing what happens when we pray and trust

HUGS

JO

Becky K. said...

Praise God from Whom ALL blessings flow!

That is an awesome testimony!

Thanks for sharing it KJ!

Becky K.

Kari & Kijsa said...

The Lord will provide...and you are faithful! Thank you so much for this post...it really touches both of us today!!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Mary Isabella said...

Though tears are flowing I praise our Lord for taking care of you...Blessings..mary

Judy said...

Oh, KJ, what stress you have been under, but how strong your faith is! Thank you for sharing your inspiring story. I pray that things will work out for you and your family.
Big hugs,
Judy

BailiwickDesigns said...

God is so good! And may those people who blessed you also be blessed for listening to the voice that directed them to give.

So far, I haven't won any giveaways from the bloggy giveaway event (or whatever it was called). I entered many more in the OWOH event, so we shall see!

::Jill

Kari & Kijsa said...

What a wonderful, wonderful post...we serve an awesome..awesome God...thank you for posting this! What a blessed story!

Have a very blessed day!

smiles, kari & kijsa

DebraK from ~the Bunnies Bungalow~ said...

My first thoughts were ..Praise GOD! I have tears in my eyes now ....I had no idea you were going through this.
Prayers for you, DebraK

Charlie McGee said...

thank you for sharing your story. God is amazing. i remember when we needed money i would give extra and write expecting a miracle. thanks,
charlie

Daniv said...

Thank you for visiting my blog and giving me the encouraging words...God is able..please keep us in prayer as we got a notice from our bank yesterday 30 day notice to pay....ikes!

Red River Interiors said...

Thank you for your story on giving.
It is especially a point of encouragement as I'm exactly in the same place you were.....all I know is that God is faithful and yes,...the earth is the Lord's and the fullnest there in....as I wait on His timing in my life on this rent issue.

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

What a great testimony (I read your most recent one and came back to this one)!!! I got behind on your posts and came to catch up. It was especially encouraging to me as my husband is taking a step of faith to start a new ministry. And that step of faith means he no longer has an income. GULP! But God is providing in amazing ways and I know he will not let us down.

Thanks for sharing this amazing story!

Blessings,
melissa