FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES

Mar 4, 2008

Butterfly Napkin Fold

Early on, paper folding captured my interest when I was introduced to Origami. The natural progression of folding led me to napkins. I even appreciate the eye pleasing appeal of neatly folded towels and linens. I began to teach napkin folding in tandem with tablescape workshops and, over the years, I have created several folds of my own.

Pictured below is the Butterfly Fold. There are other versions of the butterfly, but this is my personal favorite. It works well with both paper and cloth as long as the napkins are perfectly square. It is also alright to use a napkin with a wrong side since it will be hidden from view.

I promised Andi at Andi's Everyday Adventures that I would showcase this fold on my blog. If she likes it, I will follow-up with another photo tutorial for the benefit of all.

The Butterfly Fold on a cloth, April Cornell napkin.

The Butterfly Fold on a paper napkin.

10 comments:

PAT said...

Love this!

Thanks!
Pat

Andi said...

Oh KJ...the fold is beautiful. I do rather prefer the one done with the paper napkin and they can be found in so many beautiful colors and patterns. Please do share a tutorial as to how it's done. I'll fold ours that way for Easter Sunday dinner.

I don't think my committee will be up for something this detailed for our dinner. We'll have the napkins a couple of days prior to the event to fold...but I believe we need something a little more simple since we're doing 300!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Sheila said...

KJ, I love love love coming here to visit! It is so welcoming and warm and your blog is just beautiful. I love this napkin fold, I love even more that you are sharing your talent with others. You are amazing...So many good things are coming your way! I am praying for you and your family! God bless and have a great day!

Mary Isabella said...

I love this. It is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!

Rosemary said...

Love it!!
Rosemary

Becky K. said...

KJ,
These are beautiful!!

Thanks for showing them!

Your package just went into the mail yesterday. My mother carried it to the post office since I am under the weather right now.

I do hope you are having a great week.

Blessings,
Becky K.

Amy said...

How pretty! Thanks for sharing the napkin fold. I will have to try that one.

KJ said...

I will be posting the how-to on this napkin fold in the next couple of days! Thanks for all of the nice comments and the show of interest. I love napkin folds! Can you tell?

KJ

DebraK from ~the Bunnies Bungalow~ said...

You taught tablescaping too? What a talented girl you are!
I love the butterflies & look forward to the tutorial. Hugs, DebraK

Espresso said...

Beautiful !