FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES

Mar 10, 2008

"Spring Blessings" with Kari & Kijsa

Kari and Kijsa at Ask Kari and Kijsa are stirring up some "wonderfulness" in the sweet blogging community. They are hosting a "Spring Blessings" tribute and I feel inclined to leap into the frolic! I've laid out my welcome mat to SPRING and to YOU...my guest!

The butterfly is a flying flower,
The flower a tethered butterfly.
-Ponce Denis Écouchard Lebrun

They seemed to come suddenly upon happiness
as if they had surprised a butterfly in the winter woods.
-Edith Wharton

A Spring Limerick

There was a young lady of Leeds
Who swallowed six packets of seeds;
In a month, silly lass,
She was covered in grass
And she couldn't sit down for the weeds!
-Unknown

A blooming pot of tea...

A retired nest...

When Birds Were Songless

When birds were songless on the bough
I heard thee sing.
The world was full of winter, thou
Wert full of spring.

To-day the world's heart feels anew
The vernal thrill,
And thine beneath the rueful yew
Is wintry chill.

-William Watson 1858-1935

Nest photo from
(walkcarmarthenshire.com)


THE "BUTTERFLY NAPKIN FOLD" IS 1 POST DOWN.

8 comments:

Kari & Kijsa said...

KJ....You are the best...we needed that today! Limerick contest...okay...we are off to try...

smiles, kari & kijsa

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Pretty post KJ :)
I enjoyed my birthday limerick! I'm green with envy over your writing :)

Charmingdesigns said...

Your butterfly napkin is wonderful. Oh I need to get my spring photos put on my blog. Thank you for the input n those glass thingys..I Going to try to get them to stand up in the bed spring. Any other ideas on how to get them to stand upsided down? Its just perfect for putting a pincushion in. Limericks...havent done that in quite a few years!Laurie

CIELO said...

What a pretty post! I love your pot of tea!

Cielo

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Happy Spring! I'm terrible with limericks! Beautiful spring photos here!

Blessings!

Happy day,
Melissa

ShabbyInTheCity said...

The pink snowflakes? I didn't stick out my tongue in the dream...but if i happens again I'll be sure to!
The catfish story...I think I probably came close to crying...probably a loud whine!

Andi said...

Thank you so much for posting the butterfly fold. I left a comment below...just running behind.

Wish I knew how to write a limerick! Great prize!

Sheila said...

Hi sweet friend! I hope all is well, I am so happy this begins my Spring Break from school! Woohoo, two weeks! I have been saying daily prayers for your and your family! Have a great weekend