FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES
{ Click the Blog Banner to return to the Main Page }

Mar 17, 2008

Vote for Your Favorite Limerick!

I recently hosted a Limerick Writing Contest. The deadline for entry was last night. Now it's your turn to vote for your favorite limerick! The winner will receive a beautiful book—spotlighted just a few posts down.

I genuinely love to put creativity to task! Many thanks to ALL of the participants! As you will see, the limericks are original, clever, and amusing! Many of the poems poke some fun at me. There are also some nice comments made in the original post that could not be listed here. I encourage you to take a look.

Here are the GUIDELINES for voting:
  1. Please vote for a favorite limerick other than your own. (This will make the outcome more interesting.)
  2. To eliminate confusion, please reference the name and the #.
  3. Vote only once.
  4. Vote on this post.
  5. The cutoff for voting is Saturday, March 22nd before Midnight PST.
The winner will be posted on Easter Sunday before Noon PST.

Here are the submissions:

1.) By Carol & "The Lenster" Drey

There is a woman named Karen Miller
Who thinks she's a knowledge pillar;
But when you check her credentials
They don't have the essentials,
Because she's goofier than Ben Stiller.

----------------------------------------------------

2.) By Debbie Rojas

A lymrick called "Eye-dyllic"

There once was a middle-aged lass
Who worked as she watched her life pass;
But once in awhile
Forgot her work pile,
Read KJ; her blog is first class!


----------------------------------------------------

3.) By "The Lenster" Drey

There is a woman named Karen Miller
Who worked on a boat tending the tiller;
One day on the lake
She hit a huge wake
And the wipe out was quite a thriller.

----------------------------------------------------

4.) By Julie @ Celtic Lady

There once was a sweet girl named Mary
Who said, "Writing lim'ricks is scary;
She ate three mushroom caps
And laid down for a nap,
Then wrote this with help from a fairy.

----------------------------------------------------

5.) By Jill @ BailiwickDesigns

The tools of my trade are here
In this room that I hold so dear;
I design in my head
Then with needle and thread,
I sew year after year after year.

----------------------------------------------------

6.) By Jenny Fowler @ Jenny Fowler

If I were whipped cream I'd die happy.
Instead I am corn and that's crappy.
I would melt away;
I'd dare not stay,
But you'll see you me again in a snappy.

----------------------------------------------------

7.) By DebraK @ ~the Bunnies Bungalow~

There once was an ogre named Betty,
Who feasted on plates of spaghetti;
Then none could be had
So she went quite mad
And ate up her cousins the Yetties!

(You know, Yetti, big foot!)

----------------------------------------------------

8.) By Katheryn

My dog Ollie's so shy,
He hides when passers pass by;
He's inside my jacket,
Oh, what a racket,
He howls when it zips up ,"Oh my!"


23 comments:

Julie said...

Love #8 by Katherine

Katheryn said...

I vote for the "Hungry Betty" one! It's a crack-up!!

Kathy

NeereAnDear said...

I was away
And didnt get to play
They all sound so swell
Its a toughy to tell
So who should we pick
For this limmerick?
Number FIVE for me
Rings the bell!!

HUGS

JO

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

KJ~ it wasn't that I missed the contest... I racked my brain but had a limrick block. These are al great! I vote for #5.

LW said...

I am new here so I hope it's ok that I vote....

I love them all but vote for #4 By Julie.


Louise

Natasha Burns said...

Oh they're all great!!!
I'd say # 8 by Katheryn made me chuckle!

Sheila said...

KJ I love #5 by Jill.....it's a winner!

Mary said...

All great but I'm choosing Julie #4 - after all she's a great gal and pal!

Thanks for stopping by KJ - your comments were most generous, thank you.

Joyce said...

I thought they all were great....I hate to choose just one but.....I guess the "Spahetti/Yetti" one cracked me up the most. #7.
I did like Julie and Jenny's too...and all the rest. Such creative minds. HA!!!!
I'll be looking forward to seeing who the "winner" is.
JM

Anonymous said...

I vote for #5/Jill
Debby C.

Becky K. said...

Since I have a little dog that fits in my jacket I am voting for number 8.
Becky K.

CIELO said...

I vote for Debbie Rojas! So cute, and so true!

Blessings!

Cielo

Rosemary said...

I probably was too late to vote, but I would vote for #2.
Rosemary

Penny @ Lavender Hill Studio said...

Oh how fun! I missed the contest, but I love helping pick the winner! They were all great but I vote for:
#4 Julie/Celtic Lady

Penny

Anonymous said...

Number five by Jill is simply stated,
carefully detailed and conjugated.
She nudges each of us into position
to own a sample of her creation.
What creation has her head designated?

#5 by Jill is my choice

Kare's MOM

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

I'm gonna have to vote for my friend, Debra, at Bunnies Bungalow.

Rhoda

Kari & Kijsa said...

Okay- all are wonderful, but we want to put our name in the hat for Julie #4!!!
Happy Good Friday!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Sandra Evertson said...

A very Happy Easter to you and yours!
Thanks for all the lovely inspiration!
Sandra Evertson

Sharon said...

Hi KJ I vote for # 8 by Katheryn.

Andi said...

I love #4 by Julie...it made me laugh. What a great contest. Perhaps I should have tried my hand at Limerick writing but seemed to have writers block on this one.

Have a wonderful Easter Sunday.

Sandy said...

Hi KJ,
Just wanted to stop by and wish you and your family a very blessed Easter!
Sandy :)

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Oh, my, not only can I not WRITE a limerick, I couldn't possibly judge one.

But I did want to come by and wish you a very blessed Easter!

melissa

Sheila said...

KJ thank you so much for the beautiful card! I hope you have a fabulous Easter with your family!