FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES

Apr 19, 2008

Daffy Weather & Daffodils

Calvin & Hobbes - gocomics.com

For those who are still experiencing snow, may this cartoon be an encouragement to you. Here in California, it is cool and breezy with temperatures behaving like someone is simultaneously pushing all of the buttons on an elevator!

Blog Highlights (arrived at by scrolling down)
  • 2 sweet Giveaway links (plus current Giveaways listed in the top right sidebar)
  • a post about modern manners
Speaking of daffodils...

I WANDERED LONELY AS A CLOUD

I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze
Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the milky way,
They stretched in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

—William Wordsworth, "I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud," 1804


10 comments:

Beverly said...

I have always loved that poem, too.

We are in the full throes of spring here. Pollen everywhere.

Mary Isabella said...

We learned that poem when I was in the second grade and we said it in a play we put on....

Andi said...

Wonderful poem...I love daffodils too!

hopetreestudio said...

Hi love that cartoon well and the poem. Denise

PAT said...

I love that poem!

Spring has arrived in Missouri and we even had a little earthquake last week. Amazing weather and phenomena all around us!

Pat

Kathleen Grace said...

I love, love, love that poem. It captures the beauty of spring so perfectly:>)

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Yeah, we had a bit of freezing snow this weekend. So strange for Portland, Oregon. We've had more snow this month than we did all winter. We rarely have snow, so something strange is going on. Guess it is that darn Global Warming.

Great poem!

Happy happy week,
Melissa

NeereAnDear said...

What a lovely poem .... spring is in the air in some places.... chilly and rainy here ... but you know what they say... APRIL SHOWERS BRING MAY FLOWERS

hugs

jo

Rosemary said...

I know, aren't we having wacky weather. It's still been so cold at night and early mornings. Now it's suppose to get hot on the weekend.
Pretty poem!!
Rosemary

LZ Blogger said...

KJ ~ I think we are FINALLY done with our snow here in the Midwest... but you never KNOW! THX for the post on my blog, I'll have to keep your comments in mind for my next post! THX for the suggestions. ~ jb///