FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES
{ Click the Blog Banner to return to the Main Page }

Apr 27, 2008

Instant Gratification


In its wholesome capacity, the Web is about instant gratification! We Google key words and results appear instantly before our eyes. We could fritter away a lifetime clicking on links.

As a teenager, I would pour over the pages of magazines such as Glamour and Seventeen, only to dream about what captured my fancy. Now, when I peruse the enticing pages of my periodicals, web addresses offer immediate access. That's if I remember to follow-up.

I've compiled some instant gratification below...
  • April Cornell - one of my most favorite table linens to use for napkin folding: as seen in Victoria magazine
  • L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil - as seen in the May/June 2008 Victoria magazine
  • Ped Egg - as seen on TV: a pedicure tool for removing callouses. I am usually not one to be swayed by low budget infomercials, but this gizmo caught my attention. The website, teamsugar.com, calls it a "glorified cheese grater," which is exactly what attracted me. I use a rasp for finely grating cheese and this tool is similar. So, I purchased the Ped Egg for $9.99 at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, and then put it to the test. The results? My feet haven't looked this good in years!

7 comments:

Beverly said...

Yes, we definitely have moved into an era of instant gratifications. Now, if only I can control my desires.

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Thanks for the tips! I'm going to get the ped egg before I start wearing my summer shoes! Thanks for the suggestion!

Happy week! Hope the wedding planning is going well!

Mary Isabella said...

This salad sounds like one I must try soon...Mary

Rosemary said...

You are just a wealth of information!!
Thank you,
Rosemary

the feathered nest said...

I love April Cornell clothes and linens! I'll have to look at the ped thing - I've seen the commercial for it.

Manuela

DebraK from ~the Bunnies Bungalow~ said...

I've seen that ped egg too & if you are endorsing it then it must be good! My feet desperately need it.
Hugs, DebraK

Julie said...

I will never forget the Seventeen magazine that came out in the late summer before my senior year in high school. I devoured every word, every story. I memorized every ad, every fashion layout. It became such a part of my life that to this day I can still remember whole pages, even though I have not had the magazine for 40 years!!