FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES
{ Click the Blog Banner to return to the Main Page }

Apr 2, 2008

My First Blog Award (Updated April 3rd)

Today, for the first time in my blogging experience, I received an award. Up until now, I have received oodles of meaningful recognition, but never an award. The award alone is extremely sweet, but I am even more honored that it came from DebraK of the Bunnies' Bungalow! She is a classy, from-the-heart lady who seats her guests at a virtual kitchen table and offers a tender slice of her life.

I admire DebraK's dedication and courage as she describes her emotional journey through her mother's Alzheimer's disease. I have cried many times reading DebraK's poignant tributes and her sometimes painful accounts of watching a loved one fade away.

Thank-you, DebraK for this kindness and for allowing me to share a small portion of your life.

Thanks to Miss Shabby, I found out this morning (April 3rd) that I have received another "Excellent" award from Kathy of Kathy's Cottage! A DOUBLE HEADER!

I smile as I mention Kathy's name because I immediately see her coyly peeking through pink roses on her blog's "profile" page. Kathy is about inspiration, gracious living, and celebrating life! I am honored that you thought of me, Kathy! Thank-YOU!

Now, it's my turn... Much like DebraK, the "choosing" part is not easy because I will inevitably leave out people and places that give me great pleasure. So, I am going to spontaneously select from my long list of favorites as they step through the door of my brain. Perhaps you'll meet someone new!

  1. Beverly at Tea Time and Roses
  2. Ingela at Fridhem
  3. Joyce at The Secret Gardener
  4. Agnes at Agnes Shabby Chic
  5. Pat at Back Porch Musings
  6. Jill at Bailiwick Designs
  7. Julie at Celtic Lady
  8. Andi at Andi's Everyday Adventures
  9. Rosemary at rosespetitemaison
  10. Esther at Esther Sunday
I now pass the baton on to these recipients. Feel free to award 10 bloggers who have touched you and made you laugh, explore, think, etc.

6 comments:

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Karen! You also got awarded this from Kathy's Cottage...I just saw it!

CIELO said...

Congratulations! Well deserved....

Have a great day!

Cielo

Julie said...

I am very, very honored. Thank you for naming me.

Julie said...

I am very, very honored. Thank you for naming me.

DebraK from ~the Bunnies Bungalow~ said...

Thank you KJ for your kind words! You hit the jackpot this week with well deservrd awards.
Big Hugs, DebraK

Oh, Great pix on your daughter's engagement. It must have been a wonderful time for you too.

Tea Time and Roses said...

Hi Karen!

Oh how wonderful it feels to sit here and send these few words your way! :o) It has been quite a while since my last comments, and oh how I have missed it so!! :o) Congratulations on your awards, and so well deserved. Thank you so much for thinking of me for this award. Your blog is beautiful Karen, and your heart is even more beautiful....enjoy your awards.

Smiles....

Beverly