FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES

Apr 10, 2008

The Amazing Adventures of the Kare-Bears

My blog friends know me by KJ, my favorite nickname, but my given name is Karen. I refer to my husband Barry as Bear. When people need to remember our names, I tell them to think of the Kare-Bears; an obvious wordplay for Karen and Barry. Well, for those who have been following the amazing adventures of the Kare-Bears, all of which testify to the undeniable Faithfulness of God, I have another installment!

Here is a condensed version:
  • At the beginning of 2007, my husband lost his business and, not related to this event, our rental home of 12.5 years was put up for sale.
  • At the 11th hour, the day before we were to vacate, we were approved for another home.
  • Our mover was arrested for an unpaid traffic violation.
  • On the day of the move, 3 family members acquired the stomach flu, including Bear, who rarely gets sick and who was also in a probation period for a new job. He was fired for the first time in his life.
  • Bear, an experienced milkman, began work for a dairy distributor who promised the world and then secretly sold the route.
  • Finally, at the end of March, Bear was hired full time by an integral dairy distributor!
  • Lean months positioned us for miracles... On February 8th, the slated day for eviction, $3300.00 was given to us by several sources. Our March rent was supernaturally met on the 6th when I received a phone call from my church that someone had anonymously given us a $2000.00 cash gift!
  • In April, we found ourselves once again relying on, trusting in, and leaning on God. A few days ago, Bear's new boss—who is uninformed about our situation—surprised Barry with a check for the entire month of April; and we still have other income sources for our other needs!
Luke 6:38 (Amplified Bible) states:

38 Give, and [gifts] will be given to you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over, will they pour into [the pouch formed by] the bosom [of your robe and used as a bag]. For with the measure you deal out [with the measure you use when you confer benefits on others], it will be measured back to you.

It is through GIVING that we are finding deliverance, for truly, we cannot out give God!

13 comments:

LZ Blogger said...

You can't go wrong by reading (and understanding) the Bible. God's Word is just that... GOD'S WORD! Blessings to you! ~ jb///

Julie said...

Karen,

I am so happy for the Kare-Bears.

I have been undergoing similar financial troubles and other setbacks in the past few months. I cannot believe you have been writing such a positive blog. My reaction has been to withdraw and be gloomy. Obviously, I have been doing things the wrong way!

God love you!

CONNIE W said...

What a testimony. God NEVER fails and his timing is to the nano second. Why is it so difficult for us (me) to remember to have trust. Your experience so reminds me of stories of others...Corrie Ten Boom, Brother Andrew, so many who saw God work in their lives. Awesome God.

Mary Isabella said...

God blesses you and he blesse us with you and your beautiful spirit and faith....Mary

DebraK from ~the Bunnies Bungalow~ said...

Thank you KJ for this inspiring testimony! I'm so happy our Lord is blessing you. Our God is an Awesome God!

Hop over to Bunnies Bungalow for a gift, Big Hugs, DebraK

Joyce said...

Oh do I EVER know those "last minute saves" that happen. HA!!!! We too have seen those types of miracles in our live as well...hang in there......we WIN!!!
I'm thinking of you all and praying for you guys as well.
Talk to you later,
Joyce

Beverly said...

God works miracles every day through His true and faithful servants. I am so happy for you and your family.

Judy said...

KJ,
We would never know of your problems, as your posts are so upbeat and sparkling with humor.
Wishing you ever more blessings in the months to come!

Andi said...

Divine Love always has met and always will meet every human need. We cannot "out give" God. What a wonderful post Karen. I admire your faithfulness.

Life has been so busy I haven't had time to visit my blog friends like I want too. Thanks you my dear friend for emailing the napkin fold to me. I have tried it several times and now have it down to a science. The event is coming up next month. Thank you for your help.

Love and Hugs, Andi

the feathered nest said...

What a great testimony! I'm very happy that things are working out for you guys!

Manuela

BailiwickDesigns said...

God is so good, and never fails us! ::Jill

Kristin said...

I love your blog. Thank you for sharing...I know it is encouraging to me and many others!! Kristin

Charlotte said...

It's so wonderful how God cares for his children. This is an inspiring story.