FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES

Jun 10, 2008

Eye-dyllic According to Vogue - Part IV

"I 'll not budge an inch".
- Taming of the Shrew, William Shakespeare - (Induction, Scene I)


When Mary Isabella of Daisy Bouquet viewed my activities in the previous post, she commented, "Looks like my church schedule for the summer..." Oh, I know that I'm not alone. It has been said that if you want something done, give it to a busy person. As evidenced by taking the time to blog about our brimming lives, we are definitely doers, movers, and shakers!

No doubt, you
observed that my schedule is chock-full of theatrics. My friends will attest that drama is to me what Starbucks is to caffeine. Unlike caffeine, I frequently experience a natural high for several days following a performance, which only serves to point me back to the stage.

The above photo from the 1950's issue of the British Vogue magazine oozes DRAMA. One could explain that this model has simply escaped the cameras and seized a moment of peace. I would argue that she is calling attention to herself since people rarely angle their elbows skyward when trying to relax.


Photo: British Vogue, May 1950 - art.com




3 comments:

Rosemary said...

Just catching up with your blog. You are a very busy girl.
Have fun with all of it.
Rosemary

Beverly said...

Too funny - because the first thing I thought of when I saw the photo was - Oh, the drama.

Then I read your post, and it seems we are very much in agreement. Is that a posture for attention or what?!!!

Mary Isabella said...

Good post my friend...I too like the photo....Hugs....Mary