FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES
{ Click the Blog Banner to return to the Main Page }

Jun 21, 2008

Good-bye, Tasha...

Tasha picking apples. Photo from the Victoria magazine archives.

On February 11th, I submitted a blog entry that read, "Tasha Tudor's assemblage of artistic work is like a perpetual Valentine! How blessed that Tasha is still going strong at the age of 92!" Curiously, I have admired Tasha's body of work for decades; however, in February of this year I found myself Googling her name and pouring over whatever I could bring up. To my delight, I found some tremendous resources.

Today, I learned that Tasha Tudor passed away on June 18th, 2008. She was 93. I wasn't surprised, just sad. After my recent research, it felt like had just met with Tasha for lunch.


Her life and illustrations captured me, a suburban baby boomer, and insisted that the basics of life remain simple and worthwhile. She assured me and her countless fans that having a working relationship with nature is normal and nourishing. She made our imaginations dance. Yesterday's pioneers became tangible with a glance into Tasha's backyard.

Thankfully, she left behind a legacy.

Here are some links that celebrate Tasha's life:


9 comments:

Beverly said...

Oh, I had not read that.

Tasha Tudor was an incredible woman - a pure spirit and an example to all of what is important in life.

Andi said...

I've read several nice tributes to Tash Tudor posted on blogs this weekend.

I too am behind in my blog reading. I enjoyed reading your tribute to your Dad and learning more about Long Beach.

You have a handsome nephew...congratulations to him on his graduation!

Utah Grammie said...

Than you for reminding us all of this lovely, gentle soul. I will visit each and every site you recommended.
Colleen

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Awww! Sad! I gotta look around here...I think I recently got two of her books at a sale.

Sandy said...

I've read on several other blogs(I'm trying to catch up) about Tash Tudor. Quite sad.
I hope you have a wonderful week.
Blessings,
Sandy :)

Julie said...

Oh, Lord, I didn't know. I was so happy today but this makes me sad, even tho she lived a long, lovely life.

I have many of her books.

Connie W said...

She was such an inspiration, her never-ceasing hands to work attitude was to be admired.

Judy Hartman said...

Oh, how sad. I didn't know that Tasha had passed away. I used to love reading articles about her in Victoria magazine. She was a wonder.

Joanna said...

I first learned about Tudor on others blogs. Sue of Vintage Rescue Squad was giving away a book ill. by Tudor (the Doll's house)... and I won it! I blogged about it & included a couple of photos of her drawings. I feel so lucky to have gotten her book. xoxo, Joanna