FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES

Jun 19, 2008

Warm Weather Greetings!


It's HOT enough in California to be enjoying a day at the beach. Unfortunately, I'm still recovering from bronchial laryngitis. My energy is sapped.

So, as a fantasy, I selected the above vintage illustration for this post. What a spread! Everything is picture perfect as these ladies sun without UV protection. No, not a care in the world. Even the sand stays where it belongs!

I grew up on Southern California coast and I would very quickly look like a beached red lobster. With wind and people kicking up sand, I never achieved this utopia. It's a wonderful thought, but I was much happier body surfing, that's for sure.

Today, I am making blog visits, so watch for me!



8 comments:

Judy Hartman said...

So sorry you have been sick, KJ!!
Thank you for your comment on my blog. I appreciate your encouragement!
Take care.
Judy

Beverly said...

Hope you kick that nasty old yuck soon. Maybe focusing on good things will help - like your picture.

I spent most of my life living within a few minutes of the ocean. While I am a lover of the ocean, I confess that I could do without sand. Pretty to look at and walk upon, but oh so nasty to get everywhere.

Sheila said...

Hi Miss KJ, I love the pics! It is hot here in the South too! My in-laws were in California for a visit the last week of May, they had a blast! I hope you are enjoying your summer.
Have a blessed day sweet friend.
Smile,
Sheila

Shell said...

Hi KJ,

Thanks for coming to my blog and the well wishes. My opening went so well. Tonight is our last night. As you know, as an actor yourself, performing in front of a live audience is no greater thrill!! I will be stopping here again. Take care.

Hugs,
Shell

Mary Isabella said...

I am so sorry you are not feeling well. I am sending wishes for you to feel better sooon....Mary

Cyndi Evans said...

I had wondered where oh where you had been. Sorry you have been sick. I heard it is darn hot in CA. It has been very cool here in PA lately.

Have a wonderful week. xo

Becky K. said...

Hope you are feeling and sounding like yourself soon.

Love the picture. It does look perfect!

Becky K.

Kathleen Grace said...

Get better soon! today summer begins and you don't want to miss a moment of it:>) I never thought about the ladies in days of yore not having sunscreen, guess that explains the parasols.