FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES
{ Click the Blog Banner to return to the Main Page }

Jun 3, 2008

Look what came in the mail!

Southern Fun in the California Sun!

It has been a bittersweet week. Amid the mountain top moments there have been unpleasant surprises. In fact, today was a clunker until the mail arrived with TWO PACKAGES for me! Voila! A Cajun feast with spices just begging to incinerate my tongue! I have never been to the South, so the South came to me via JOYCE of The Secret Gardener! This is actually the second trip this package has made due to a foible on my part. Sadly, it has done more traveling that I have in the last 2 years!

Joyce, who resides in Louisiana, felt that I needed this delightful "JU-BE" (rhymes with chubby and stands for "just because"). She was right. And, it's arrival could not have been more perfect. Besides the wonderful sampling of Cajun food, there is a charming candle to challenge any heat the spices can dish out. Oh what fun! Thank-YOU, Joyce!

I also received a very sweet heart shaped, silver dish from RHODA of Southern Hospitality. I was a winner in her recent Giveaway! Thanks also to YOU, Rhoda!

Between Joyce and Rhoda, I got myself a double dose of southern hospitality! (I was typing with a southern accent.)



10 comments:

Sandra Evertson said...

Oh Yummy!
Sandra Evertson

DebraK from ~the Bunnies Bungalow~ said...

The mailman was like santa, bringing you such geat gifts! Y'all have fun with your spicy foods, said in my best southern accent
Hugs, DerbaK

Cyndi Evans said...

OH Happy day ..packages are always nice!

Gardening in the south or in the east (where I live) is much different from that CA dry weather. YOU should have fun looking at that. But her website is lovely. I just went and checked it out. :)

Have a great week. Be good!

Beverly said...

It's interesting how life provides us pleasures to give balance to the not so pleasant. I believe that it is just those differences that make us appreciate life even more.

I hope this bit of spice and Southern charm gives you just the lift you need.

I'll be sending you some encouraging thoughts from the south.

Herbgirl said...

How yummo! I love cajun dishes. My aunt married a cajun chef and we love it when they come visit as he does most of the cooking....such a treat in Indiana!
Mandy

PAT said...

Delightful gifts, KJ!

Pat

Joyce said...

Two packages in one day! That's what I'm saying!!

I just am SO glad that stuff finally made it there! Whew!
HA! I loved that you typed all that with a "Southern Accent"...that was so funny!
Well....I hope you can make those things and enjoy them.

I would have made the stuff for you if you were anywhere's near :~) Maybe one day.....you never know.
The thing I was worried about was the candle...I figured it probably melted by now!! HA!
Hopefully it was okay....
If you have an questions.....let me know I will try to help you the best I can....even though I am a transplant from the Midwest and don't have the DEEEEP accent....I've lived here long enough to be a "native" by now.
Be blessed,
Joyce

Mary Isabella said...

What sweet just because gifts. I could use one of those this week. It has been a very stressful one with my son getting hurt and hubby's leg is still not healing properly....Hugs ....Mary

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Yum Yum!!!

Michele said...

Very sweet friends you've got! Enjoy the goodies!! And, I hope you feel much better.

Michele
luvkittysmeowmail@gmail.com