FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES
{ Click the Blog Banner to return to the Main Page }

Jun 24, 2008

Preparation for Celebration!

I birthed this blog in June of 2007. My very first post debuted on July 2nd, 2007. It wasn't an earthshaking post. It was more like mind spillage and elation that I successfully published something that included a picture! Whoopee! Below is my first post...

Monday, July 2, 2007, "galumphing"

Today is my first official day of galumphing! My creativity is being sparked as I find myself in a new abode and, after an expensive move, working with a barely-there budget. So, my frolicsome heart is seeking out new adventures with far less to spend a day...than Rachel Ray! But alas, I will do it! Even with 2 adolescent boys energizing my thought process. My first plan of attack? To make some local discoveries...on the web!


Posted by KJ at 7:31 PM Labels: creativity, galumphing

__________________________________________

And here is the very first person to post on my blog. Miss Shabby may or may not have been the first to visit, but she was the first cordial welcome! And, it has been terrific getting to know her.

ShabbyInTheCity said... "A new blogger! Welcome, welcome. This is your casserole from the Shabby home :) We spent our honeymoon in California. Also have two teen boys (well almost-one is 12)"

July 8, 2007 5:56 AM
__________________________________________

In an earlier post, I told you that I was cooking something up... Indeed, I am. Tomorrow, June 25th, I will be launching the COUNTDOWN for my 1-YEAR BLOGOVERSARY! There will be a GIVEAWAY and a PARTY! YOU'RE INVITED! So, be sure to place a reminder Post-it by your computer!

12 comments:

Becky K. said...

Congratulations on one year! Time flies, doesn't it?
It is nice to know you and to enjoy your creative posts. I definitely read it more than I comment.
Keep those posts coming!
Feeling Better?
Becky K.

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Oh! My name in lights! So glad you jumped in with both feet KJ...blogland is so much better with you in it. Let's party!

Beverly said...

Sounds like fun. I'll be here with rings on my fingers and bells on my toes.

Julie said...

Of course, since tomorrow is my birthday, I will celebrate by joining in. And you must come over and put your name in the draw for the "Return to Fairyopolis" book.

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Congratulations! I too am heading towards my first year! Guess we were "born" at the same time!!! Glad you are in blogland...

Come remind me tomorrow of the party if I forget. My mind is so busy with wedding details I would forget my own head were in not screwed on.

Happy blogaversary...

xoxo

Bunny B said...

Woohoo!! Congrats on the upcoming 1 year! :)

Mary Isabella said...

Congratulations on one year. We are all so lucky to have gotten the chance to know you....Blessings

Tea Time and Roses said...

Congratulations to you Karen! Now you know just how much I have enjoyed eye-dyllic...a lovely place indeed, and a party! I love parties include me in! Happy rest of the week to you!

Smiles...

Beverly

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Come see, come see!

Kathleen Grace said...

Congratulations! Phyllis was one of the first to help me out with personalizing my blog. Such a sweetie. I'm looking forward to your party:>)

Mary Isabella said...

I am a fan of all your post. But the tribute you did for your Father brought tears to my eyes. ....Hugs...Mary

Sheila said...

Happy Anniversary! Although I haven't visited in a while, it is great to see your blog is still as good as ever.