FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES

Aug 14, 2008

Olympic Moment

There's a great deal of chatter about Mark Spitz. In 1972, the handsome swimmer won 7 gold medals in Munich. Now, with all the buzz over swimmer Michael Phelps, who recently added 5 record breaking gold medals, in Beijing, to the 6 gold medals he received in the Athens Olympics, there's speculation that Mark's 36 year old record could be toppled. Michael Phelps is being referred to as the ultimate merman.

My husband, Bear, was also a swimmer in High School and he does bear a likeness to Mark Spitz. In the mid 1970's, Bear was approached at Disney World by a tenacious young lady who insisted that he was Mark Spitz. She wanted his autograph. Bear recognized the futility of trying to convince her otherwise, so he obliged by signing his name "Mark Spitz."

Hey, Mark is now a prominent dentist in L.A. I already have his lookalike. I wouldn't mind his income, too! Oh, wait a minute, what if this woman is selling Bear's signature on eBay? I better go check...

4 comments:

Carolyn (sea mystery) said...

What a funny post, KJ. I wasn't prepared for the ebay remark, but it was totally worth having diet coke come out my nose. :) xxoo

NeereAnDear said...

You are such a riot... well heck ... Mark it is !! LOL


HUGS

JO

NeereAnDear said...

You are such a riot... well heck ... Mark it is !! LOL


HUGS

JO

Joyce said...

That's funny....sometimes people think my husband looks like Randy Travis...I'm like you...."Show me the money"....ha! Once we were in a mall and teenager followed us everywhere and finally in Dillard's asked my husband if he was "Randy Travis"....that was crazy. HA!
We all joke about it now....and oh..my husband cannot sing so...that's out.
HA!
See ya,
Joyce