FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES
{ Click the Blog Banner to return to the Main Page }

Aug 22, 2008

Teahouse of the August Spoon - 12

TURKEY-ORANGE SANDWICHES
Fifty Favorite Tea Sandwiches - Anne Ennie

Thinly sliced roasted turkey breast
Orange marmalade
Small can mandarin orange slices
Rye bread, buttered

Place turkey on both slices of buttered bread. Spread marmalade lightly on turkey of one, top with the other. Trim crusts and cut into tea sandwiches. Spear orange slice to top of each sandwich.

TEA PARTY TIP FROM ANNE ENNIS:
Remember to butter the bread before putting the filling in your tea sandwiches. This helps "seal" the bread so it won't get limp or soggy. Margarine can be used in place of butter. It's not really necessary to butter the bread if you're applying a cream cheese based filling directly on the bread; however, I always do.

Be sure to comment on your favorite teatime treats in the previous post.

3 comments:

Qtpies7 said...

I'm glad you were fooled by my sweet cake! It was a blast to make. I normally don't like meatloaf, but it really was delicious.

I did get your package, I'm sorry I didn't let you know. We are out school shopping a lot lately and I just forgot.

CIELO said...

Love that teacup and saucer.... so pretty! :)

Have a lovely weekend!

cielo

ShabbyInTheCity said...

A quiz for you:

http://www.blogthings.com/whatkindofteaareyouquiz
Ha! The code I am to type in is TEOPIA! Must be a perfect place for tea, huh?