I love poetry challenges! I believe that each of us has poetry surging through our souls. It may be a modest stream, but words always await expression. Here, many reluctant poets have responded to poetry challenges and crafted some delicious images because of it!
Our challenge today is DIAMOND POETRY. Now, before you switch blogs, you need to know that participating could help you earn a $10.00 gift card to Starbucks or Target: your choice... Are you with me? Here's an example:
Lounging, Sipping, Napping
Shades, Sundress — Sweater, Scarf
Raking, Piling, Leaping
-By Karen June Miller
- Line 1: Write down a noun. Then skip to line 7 and write the opposite of that noun or a noun that represents a contrast.
- Line 2: Write 2 adjectives describing the subject.
- Line 3: Write 3 participles (words ending in "ing") that relate to the subject.
- Line 4: Write 4 nouns related to the subject. The second pair of nouns should show a shift toward the ending noun or mean the opposite.
- Line 5: Write 3 participles that show the change or development of the subject.
- Line 6: Write 2 adjectives carrying on the idea of change or development.
- Line 7: One noun that is the opposite of the subject on the first line.
- Submit as many Diamond Poems as you wish.
- They should be related to the season.
- The Deadline to enter is Tuesday, September 9th at Midnight PST.
- On Wednesday, September 10th, my readers will be able to select their favorite Diamond Poem. So, come back to vote. Guidelines will be posted.