FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES

Sep 28, 2008

Today's Bouquets


Affirmation strokes the soul. It doesn't resolve the major "stuff," but it encourages one to stay the coarse. For instance, on Sunday, my friend René surprised me with a Mickey Mouse pin, collector's penny, and a mug big enough to hold seasonal soups! The occasion? I took a quiz that identified me with Mickey.

Yesterday, an English transferware gravy bowl arrived from Miss Shabby! Included was a vintage photo of 2 bitter looking biddies. Someone should have prodded those women to make them smile. Well, at least I smiled.

Then, like luscious-butter-frosting on a chocolate cupcake, Arlene of The Tea Room gave me the "I love your blog" award. Not only am I honored, but I'm pooled together with ladies whom I admire tremendously. Arlene runs a classy blog with boun-tea-ful inspiration and trimmings. She has been extremely supportive on what I do here. Thank-you, Arleen!

And, so I pass this award on to:

6 comments:

jeanne said...

KJ, you are right. Thank you so much. I did see Beverly's blog and missed my name. Now you know how tired I am from all that company. I just mentioned to my dh that this was the first night in two weeks we didn't have someone here with us. I appreciate your award so much. I will post it on Thurs. Tomorrow is all done. Have a great evening, what is left of it. Smile.

Hugs, Jeanne

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Karen thank you so much for this award. You are so sweet to think of me. I love coming tovisit you and read all of your wonderful post. Hugs...m...

Judy Hartman said...

KJ,
I just saw this post and my heart was warmed by the 'I love your blog' award. You are right, KJ, affirmation is great and sometimes what keeps us going. You know that I love your blog, and you, too.
I'll be posting about it tomorrow.
Big hugs,
Judy

Belinda said...

You have some wonderful friends! Well done on the award, too!

Belinda (who is hosting a bible study on her blog - my first one! - come join me at http://careerasamum.blogspot.com/2008/10/bible-study-welcome.html)

Beverly said...

Wow, these means so much coming from you. I love your blog, and you always inspire me. Congratulations to you, too.

Thank you so much. I have this proudly posted on my sidebar.

BittersweetPunkin said...

Oh! You are too sweet...I am so sorry I am late. I have so much catching up to do...THANK YOU!!