FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES

Sep 14, 2008

WE HAVE A WINNER!


The southern region of California is an irrigated desert. Our falls aren't nearly as spectacular as the splendorous East Coast displays. In fact, most of America puts on a better show than we do. I do have a Liquid Amber in my front yard that stands about 20 feet from a regal palm tree and a flowerbed of tropical foliage and succulents. It sheds its autumn hued leaves against a backdrop of evergreens.

So, I find my autumnal solace with words, illustrations, and photos. Hence, I sponsored the DIAMOND POETRY CONTEST so that I could hear from the poetic souls of those who experience fall differently than I do.

I received 18 comments regarding the 6 Diamond Poetry entries. 16 of those comments included a vote for their favorite poem. May I add that most of the voters loved ALL of the poems and were challenged with selecting just one. Each poet painted wonderful images.

Finally, with a total of 5 votes, the winner is MISS SHABBY of SHABBY IN THE CITY! She may choose between a $10.00 Target or Starbucks card! Way to go Miss Shabby!

Hayride
itchy, kissy
bumping, laughing, flirting,
Autumn, Halloween, Christmas, Winter,
bundling, singing, celebrating,
snowy, jingly,
Sleighride

6 comments:

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Now, you know that I never ask "preguntas" KJ! So...what didja want anyway? OHHHH!!! I won?
I WON! Tee hee.
You don't have to send me anything...but I wouldn't mind going on a sleighride ;)

Carolyn (Harbor Hon) said...

Congrats Miss Shabby! Even though my vote went another way, yours was really good too. xxoo

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

She made me want to go on a hayride to a pumpkin patch and then a Romantic sleigh ride with hot chocolate awaiting our return...m...

Beverly said...

KJ, this was so fun. Congratulations to the winner.

DebraK from ~the Bunnies Bungalow~ said...

I love that! Sorry I missed this...so much has been happening at your blog! A new look, it's delish!!!

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Just driving by with a Piper hi!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jnae8F_GXo&feature=related