FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES
{ Click the Blog Banner to return to the Main Page }

Oct 3, 2008

Calico and Winners!

Picture courtesy of Thanksgiving Buffet.
Visit this website to record what you love about Thanksgiving!


When I think of the word calico, I immediately connect to Little House on the Prairie, Calico Ghost Town in California, calico cats and goldfish, Knott's Berry Farm, and the Old West. I understood calico to be distinctly American, stemming from the simple cotton fabrics of our pioneer heritage. Perhaps you will be just as surprised as I was to discover the true origins of calico.

calico

If it's simple cotton cloth, heavier than muslin, and brightly colored, you can probably call it calico. It's one of a small but select group of designations for fabric that are derived from their place of origin — in this case, Calicut, on the Kerala coast of India. -Visual Thesaurus
_________________

I HAVE 2 WINNERS IN THE "CHRISTMAS SHOPPING GIVEAWAY!" THEY ARE...
Congratulations, Ladies! Here's what you need to do... 1.) Click on this link: Restaurant.com. 2.) Once there, enter in the zip code of where you would like to dine. 3.) Choose a restaurant that captures your fancy. 4.) Then come back and give me the zip, name of the restaurant, and city in the Comments section of this post.

I will have the card sent directly to YOU! Thanks for participating and for checking out my new website! Be sure to bookmark my website for your Christmas Shopping. My family will be supremely grateful!


4 comments:

Cindy ~ My Romantic Home said...

This is so exciting! Thank you!!! My daughter will be thrilled. She loves to eat out! My zip is 95008 and I choose Capers in Campbell, CA. Thanks again!

KJ said...

Wow, Cindy... You're fast at getting back! I wish you lived closer. I would love to have you on my team!

Judy Hartman said...

Hi Kj,
Just wanted to tell you that I wrote about you on my blog today! Check it out when you get a chance!
Hugs,
Judy

ShabbyInTheCity said...

For real?! ha! Okay :) I'm not going to fight you because it won't do me any good....I will go to Nashville in the zip code of 37201 and chow down at the Cadillac Ranch! Wanna go? Thanks KJ!