FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES
{ Click the Blog Banner to return to the Main Page }

Oct 10, 2008

Goodbye, Antoinette...

This domed display, by Matthew Mead, is a collage of vintage items, a touch of fall, and what appears to be a glass doorknob converted into a memory clip. What a lovely marriage of items! [Click on photo to enlarge.]

This week, the creative inspiration of Matthew Mead has been highly celebrated through posts and a generous giveaway. I also wanted to bring attention to another of his sparks of genius as I tie it into a tribute...

I received news this morning that a dear mentor and anchor of the Faith, Antoinette Puglia, passed away. A full blooded Italian, Antoinette was passionate, gracious, giving, wise, and an awesome cook! She loved the Lord with her whole being and she exampled that love throughout her amazing life.

This photo reminded me of Antoinette. She relished beautiful things, as the many collectibles in her home will confirm. Like this collage, her well measured life wrote love letters on the hearts of those who knew her. I'd like to think that the "S" stands for SAVIOR and that she is dancing with Him now on the streets of GLORY!

Click HERE to visit Matthew Mead's site.
Matthew's books are featured in the widget at the top right.

3 comments:

Sandi McBride said...

I'm sure Antoinette is busily arranging her new apartment in all the lovely things she loved to collect here on earth...and one day in the far distant future, you'll be able to see all she's done with the place! And Heaven will be nearly complete!
Sandi

Sharon said...

I have nothing to add or say. I simply wanted you to know I read your blog today. :0)

~Sharon~
A Hoosier Family- http://hoosierfamily06.blogspot.com
Assembly of God Blogs- http://assemblyofgodblogs.blogspot.com

BailiwickDesigns said...

I love that cloche! I bought a really big one at a flea market with some silly stuff inside (which I removed!), and now I've been wondering what to do with it. I really like the things inside the one in your photo. ::Jill

(PS I'm having a little fund raiser over on my blog - come by if you have a few moments!)