FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES

Nov 24, 2008

More Gratitude

As we approach another Thanksgiving, much of my gratitude is centered on still being able to enjoy the company of my parents. Barry, my hubby, has already lost his parents as have many of my friends. And, I know quite a few people who are having to watch their parents fade into the grips of Alzheimer's Disease.

Karen of Artful Journey lost her mother to Alzheimer's on May 22, 2006. In July of 2008, Karen poignantly blogged about the summer before her mom passed away. Her mother spent hours crouched beneath the hot Sacramento sun, creating "little portraits of nature" in the garden. Using nature's castoffs, her mother would artfully organize objects while ignoring her own physical needs and infringing on the living spaces of her family. Karen's epiphany came when she was able to appreciate the beauty of what her mother felt compelled to create.

Read Karen's poignant post HERE.
Watch a movie compilation of the artwork HERE.

4 comments:

ShabbyInTheCity said...

That is so amazing! I'm still waiting for the video to load.
You are very fortunate to still have your parents. I have one.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Judy Hartman said...

KJ,
Having lost both of my dear parents in 2007, I agree that you are indeed fortunate to be able to celebrate with yours. But I had many years of loving celebrations with my folks and I wish you and yours a very wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

jeanne said...

Hello KJ, We do have so much to be thankful for when others are suffering so much. Life requires a lot of faith to handle such things.

I came over to wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving.

Blessings...Jeanne

Sandy said...

Hi KJ,
Wanted to pop on over and wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving!
Blessings,
Sandy