FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES
{ Click the Blog Banner to return to the Main Page }

Nov 11, 2008

Tea for Tuesday


Autumn, for a brief spell, has stopped playing hooky in Southern California. Early this morning, I relished the tactile sensation of cold pavement beneath my bare feet. Don't laugh. The temperatures may be steadily dropping where you are, but not in California. We are teetering between cool nights and warm, dry days. In fact, our weather report is promising even more heat for this weekend. Ugh!

Today is a perfect tea sipping day and I have selected a delectable treat. I was inspired by the Pear Custard Gingerbread Cake featured on Matthew Mead's website. There are 4 cakes in all, each made in a Chicago Metallic Maryann Cake Pan. Much of Matthew's site requires a subscription (inexpensive), which I highly recommend: however, there is plenty of free inspiration. His cakes begin with a basic boxed cake mix which makes baking a breeze.

7 comments:

Judy Hartman said...

This looks so delicious!!!
You would love our New England weather - getting colder all the time!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Eating cake and sipping tea sounds so wonderful!! It has been damp and rainy here today. I made pumpkin spice cookies. Have a great night my friend...m..

ShabbyInTheCity said...

I made a Pumpkin layered dessert yesterday that began with a spice cake mix.
I have a gift for you:

http://www.rhchurch.org/pages/cardboard-testimonies/

Carolyn (Harbor Hon) said...

That looks so tempting. My goodness, my waistline is expanding faster than I can keep up with it. But I love it all. xxoo

Tea Time and Roses said...

Hello Karen!

Now thats a cake my friend! It looks absolutely delicious! A big slice with tea....perfect!

Smiles...

Beverly

Sheila said...

Hello sweet KJ! I am so in the mood for some tea and something..hmm maybe apple....yummy. I hope you have a blessed weekend.
:)
Sheila

ShabbyInTheCity said...

What's goin' on Kayj?
I'll get over to MM's site and see what that boy is up to...