FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES

Nov 30, 2008

What's on page 56?



Rules:

  • Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
  • Turn to page 56.
  • Find the fifth sentence.
  • Post that sentence along with these instructions in a note to your wall.
  • Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.
My Submission

"We beheld it with awe and wonder, and thought we heard no words from above, we said in our hearts 'Glory to God in the highest.'"
-Rufus M. Jones
as quoted in Morrrow's "The Joys of Christmas"

3 comments:

Joyce said...

Well, the first book I grabbed off the library shelf had NO page numbers.....it was the "Beatrix Potter Journal" so then I grabbed this one...and on page 56 it said:
"To thank teachers, neighbors, and colleagues for good deeds done during the year, give them potted plants packaged to leave a lasting impression."
HA!
This was from "Home For The Holidays" by Hallmark.
My sister gave it to me for my birthday in July.
I need to crack that thing open (on more pages than #56) NOW I guess. Since it's time.

Funny how it works.
I loved this....it was great fun.
I might need to "borrow" your ideal.
Better read my "Holdiay" Hallmark book now...:~)
Thanks!
Joyce

ShabbyInTheCity said...

I did that challenge once :)
I LOVE the old picture!!!
Settled in your home I see :) Ahhhh...time to mess it up now! Game on boys ;)

justabeachkat said...

Hi there!

It's been fun catching up with you. Sorry I haven't been by in awhile. For some reason your blog doesn't update on my sidebar??? It stays at the bottom of my list and shows your last post is one year ago?? I've tried removing you and then adding you back. I can't get it to work right. Anyway, I have to remember to come by and my menopausal mind only works some days. LOL (So leave me a comment when you come by and jog my memory, okay?)

Hugs!
Kat