FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES

Dec 16, 2008

Mashed Potato Christmas Tree

I'm nesting my new abode and it's chilly and rainy. I can see the surrounding mountain ranges from my hilltop. Recent snow is veiled behind billowy clouds. I'm decorating for Christmas, lining shelves, and organizing cupboards. My family laughs at how meticulous I am with shelves and closets. And, I let them laugh. For me, peace of mind is achieved just as much by what I cannot see.

I find myself craving creature comforts — hot chocolate, mashed potatoes, and crockpot meals. I am very close to having my kitchen ready to make some magic!

This evening, I will be catching up on all of my blog visits. Moving derailed my routine, but I'm getting my wheels back on track. Look for me!

GOOD NEWS!

This is my 400th post! I will be posting a special Pre-Christmas Giveaway tomorrow! So, be sure to stop by!

7 comments:

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I love the mashed potatoes...Merry CHRISTmas...m...

ShabbyInTheCity said...

HOW CUTE!
I have also been craving potatoes...I even said it out loud last night. Well huh. I need to learn to pipe them and add a star.
Please come organize my closets next!

Tea Time and Roses said...

Hello My Friend!

It all sounds just wonderful Karen! Like so many of us, I too have been running around and so very busy these days!:o) A new home, new decorations, new ideas are all so much fun! Continue to enjoy it all! By the way, the mashed potatoes look wonderful!

Smiles...

Beverly

Judy Hartman said...

So glad you're settling in, KJ!
I just love this mashed potato Christmas tree!!
Come and visit - I miss you!!
Hugs!!

NeereAnDear said...

Congrats on your new home.... how neat to spend your first Christmas there....

Stopping by to WISH YOU AND YOURS A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR

HUGS

JO

Joyfull said...

Your day sounds so good, a beautiful view, cozy home, organizing and cleaning and then a reward with mashed potatoes! Perfect!

Beverly said...

Welcome back. We have surely been missing you.

Happy Holidays and happy nesting.