FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES

Dec 23, 2008

Today's Bouquets

There are undeniable blessings at both ends of the giving spectrum. Happily, some of the most rewarding moments aren't scribbled on paper or penciled on a calendar.

Last Friday, I attended the first Women's Conference at Rock of the Nations in Norwalk, California. The congregation is made up mostly of Eastern Indians: however, the church recently made a move to become multi-cultural. With the exception of myself (a caucasian mutt) and a lovely Nigerian lady, those in attendance were all Indian. What an experience it was to worship and fellowship with women who are so hungry for the things of God!

Also on Friday, I joined another lady, Teresa, in decorating a Christmas tree for the Nigerian family who recently lost their 22 month old son. As you can imagine, this has been a rough Christmas for them. Teresa and I both felt the family needed some continuity and a sense of celebration for the 3 surviving children. There was plenty of laughter. And, Teresa and I even got to sing a soprano duet of O Holy Night.

I recently purchased a beautifully framed 2008 Christmas silhouette from Kari and Kijsa of
Ask Kari and Kijsa. Having the artwork in my home is a gift to myself, but these 2 sisters are not any degree of average. Accompanying my package was a sweet poem that lit up my heart. It said:

Merry, merry Christmas to you and yours,
You know your blog we truly adore;
We love your poems, your riddles, your rhymes,
So we wish you the best in 2009!

Thank-you, you gifted diet coke sipping sweeties!

1 comment:

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Very sweet of those girls!
Hugs to that couple who lost their baby.