FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES
{ Click the Blog Banner to return to the Main Page }

Jan 24, 2009

The End of Boxes

After moving into our new residence on December 3rd, I am finally seeing the end of boxes. Mostly, I am left with bulging cardboard containing paper to file, transfer to computer, or purge. Admittedly, it is an undertaking, but I will take it one box at a time.

For the first time in my adult life, I now have a wood burning fireplace. No more faux logs that resemble animated "gif" files. My white mantle top is decorated with a combination of shabby chic, floral teacups, and natural elements that include a bird's nest with real—but fragile—quail eggs. My husband laughs at my endless rearranging. I assure him that he will know when it pleases me.

I am discovering that my earlier passions in life are once again emerging as top decorating priorities. Outdoor elements are coming indoors through the use of seashells, nests, birds, fresh florals, and houseplants. It is satisfying to mix these items with classic and modern styles.

Photo: Stacked Teacups - Andrew McCaul, Country Living Magazine

5 comments:

Tea Time and Roses said...

Hello Karen!

Well sounds like things are all coming together! The fireplace I know is just beautiful! I hope you are planning to share photos of your new place with us, for I know you are doing a lovely job decorating! Bringing the outdoors in sounds beautiful! I have a lovely swag in my guest bathroom I made from twigs I gathered from outdoors!:o) I decorated with ribbon and flowers and it is quite beautiful! I also have collected sand from the shore and a few playgrounds to create candle scapes! Bringing the outdoors in is a good thing!!:o) Have a lovely weekend and enjoy your decorating!

Smiles...

Beverly

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I am glad you have almost everything unpacked!! Have a great weekend..m.

Judy Hartman said...

Sounds beautiful, KJ, and I'm sure your mantle will be a masterpiece when done!
Take it slow with those last boxes and enjoy your new home!

Hugs!

Connie W said...

Like in your post, I too rearrange until I get things 'right'. The teacups in the photo are gorgeous. I am drawn to beautiful china, who could resist such beauty. I hope all is well with you! :-)

martha brown said...

I moved last May -- I have a never ending pile of boxes -- you are so organized!