FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES
{ Click the Blog Banner to return to the Main Page }

Jan 17, 2009

I'm Hearing Wedding Bells

Kajumi (my Pet Society pet) is standing in her wedding dress and tiara as a reminder of my daughter's March wedding. I'm feeling like someone's foot is a little too heavy on the accelerator. Slow down already! My mind is swimming and there is still so much to take care of.

Much like the first time I held my daughter—my first child—I am unprepared for the whoosh of emotion that merges suddenly upon my heart. It's adjustment time, I know... And yet while embracing change, I am grieving what must be left behind.

I've spent a year of letting go. I don't want to hold on. Kindly tell my emotions that.

11 comments:

Marilyn Miller said...

Thanks for visiting Delights of the Heart today. How exciting for you, a daughter getting married.

justabeachkat said...

I think our daughter might be getting engaged soon....fingers crossed. I don't know how I will handle it either. It's an exciting, but sentimental time for sure.

Hugs!
Kat

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

This is a special time for both of you. Happy but sad at the same time. Have a great week my friend...m..

Tutti Chic said...

A march wedding-so exciting! when you see how happy your girl is it will be easier to let go! :) chris

Barb said...

It's a bittersweet time for you,I've been there with my oldest daughter when she married....Barb

Joyce said...

I haven't a CLUE how all that works yet. HA!
But I am sure one day.....we will feel those excited AND sad feelings.
Yes, like someone said......"Bittersweet."
I know it will all work out....besides it's that....."your not loosing a daughter, your gaining a son." Right??

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Emotions can be some very swingy things! I just had to tell satan to get his hind-end behind me a minute ago and he ran off screaming! Hehe!
I NEED you to come over today!

Beverly said...

It is definitely a time of happiness, excitement and mixed emotions. But, enjoy every memory in the making.

Judy Hartman said...

A medley of emotions, I'm sure, KJ. What a wonderful blessing a daughter is, and she will ALWAYS be your daughter.
Hugs to you as you go through all the preparations!

kari and kijsa said...

How exciting, and yet...so soon for your heart!
Just catching up- have a fabulous weekend!
blessings,
kari & kijsa

Andi said...

What an exciting time for your daughter. And even though she's getting married, she'll always be your daughter. Enjoy this happy and special time with her. Kajumi looks lovely by the way!!!

Happy Saturday! Hugs, Andi