FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES

Feb 3, 2009

Romance

Valentine's Day tends to pigeonhole ROMANCE. Happily married, my husband and I take pleasure in the small and the sweeping gestures that produce sweet dividends. Yet, for me, romance is more about a courtship with life, and far less dependent upon a relationship.

Romance is akin to a boutonniere in a buttonhole. Romantic notions are slipped into average moments. The perfect song, the right words, placement, timing, lingering, the senses full throttle, adding one's signature to the dotted line of a day...


Earlier this week, I highlighted the word infuse and it's meanings: steep, soak, extract, permeate, suffuse, imbue. Romance is derived from being infused and immersed.

I'm not alone. Your own blogs bloom with romance. Your hearts beat to this love affair of life and creativity. As we approach Valentine's Day, let's celebrate romantic lifestyles. If you have a special post on ROMANCE, place your link under Comments and I will reference it here on my blog.

2 comments:

justabeachkat said...

Hi sweet friend! I haven't been by in awhile, so I've enjoyed spending some time catching up with you.

I'd love to do a post on my "sweetheart" and if I do, I will let you know.

Hugs!
Kat

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I wanted to wish you a great weekend...m.