FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES

Feb 18, 2009

Yellow & Strawberries

The sun has finally pushed through crowds of clouds to make an appearance, throwing up its radiant arms. Snow capped mountains peek from behind local hills.

I'm happy to feel the warmth but sad to see the rain leave. Rain is a treat in Southern California. At least I was able to enjoy some lazy, tea sipping days as the storms slipped through.


Many of my blog friends have been enduring freezing temperatures while suffering the affects of damaging ice. A few are just now seeing the "light" after weeks without electricity. Gloomy days, in my estimation, call for more yellow.


When asked what my favorite color is, I often answer, "color." Color is my therapy. I am usually attracted to whatever suits my mood at the time. Yellow, however, is always my pick-me-up color. When I'm discouraged, I wear yellow and instantly become invigorated by the happy responses I get from others. And, adding yellow to a room is like tossing balls of sunshine.


Then, there is the awesome expectation of spring and strawberries. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (German Playwright, Poet, Novelist, and Dramatist) wrote:

“One must ask children and birds how cherries and strawberries taste.”

This pretty much sums it up...

3 comments:

Judy Hartman said...

Yellow is my favorite color, Kj, and this post beautifully explains why! You have a lovely way with words!

Marilyn Miller said...

Yellow is my favorite color too. I have been thinking about making yellow pillow for my living room. I really must do that.

Beverly said...

Yellow is my favorite color. It makes me feel so fresh and welcome.