FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES
{ Click the Blog Banner to return to the Main Page }

Mar 4, 2009

Seasons and Popcorn

I love this digital paper collage of the four seasons, understanding that our own seasons are certainly not limited to spring flowerbeds, falling leaves, or trees heavy with snow. My current, very tangible season involves saying good-bye to my daughter as she begins the journey of marriage. It's time to exit and enter. I'm grieving the end of one season while reaching for the next.

My heart is tuned to wedding preparations and the happy, mouse-eared couple (see previous post). My living room is brimming with gifts. I'm steadfastly trying to get things out of my head and into my task journal.

In the meantime, it is a rainy day and I have succumbed to popcorn. I tossed roasted hazelnut oil and sea salt with air popped popcorn, and oh what a treat! The aroma was intoxicating.

"The laziest man I ever met put popcorn in his pancakes so they would turn over by themselves."
-W. C. Fields

7 comments:

Connie W said...

I've been thinking of you as you are busy with all the wedding prep and busy-ness. Best wishes to you and the bride too!

Julie said...

What a fabulous idea for a snack. I think I will trot out my airpopper. Where do you get hazelnut oil? Is it the stuff you put in Italian sodas?

Beverly said...

I know your place must be hopping with excitement. Savor every minute.

I'm glad you took a little time for yourself.

BailiwickDesigns said...

It's a bittersweet time, yes? Will your daughter and her husband be living close by? That will make such a difference - my daughter and her family live 3,000 miles away, and I don't like it AT ALL!
::Jill

kari and kijsa said...

Love that collage, and am still smiling from the quote!!
blessings,
kari & kijsa

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I too love the quote. The music is so beautiful. Happy weekend...m.

Jenny Fowler said...

That quote is great! haha. I hope the transition is easy for you with your daughter. I know it will be sad butI hope there is still great joy!