FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES

May 31, 2009

More Healthy Living

[Click on the photo to visit the site.]

My pursuit of "Fat to F.A.T."* (my Mediterranean lifestyle and the body to go with it) has introduced me to some valuable resources online. A website called "The World's Healthiest Foods," provides this description: "George Mateljan, creator of the "Healthiest Way of Cooking," brings the New Cuisine for the 21st century into your home. Every week you can have George as your personal chef to show you how to cook great-tasting recipes using methods that destroy the least number of nutrients."

This really pertains to a whole food mindset where items are cooked minimally and prepared in a way that conserves the maximum amount of nutrition. Our food is already compromised by chemicals and soil that is depleted of its life giving components, so preparation is vital.

You will find that when it comes to food, I like the real deal. Research is catching up with years of chemically modified foods and the adverse side affects that they are posing to consumers: especially with artificial sugars.

Here is healthy and simple salad dressing. Also, since sugar is being added to just about everything that we eat, I have featured a very satisfying energy bar. It tastes like a peanut butter cookie, is sweetened with dates, and contains only 3 ingredients.


MEDITERRANEAN DRESSING

This easy-to-prepare dressing is great for any occasion. Just toss your salad with the ingredients and enjoy! It is not necessary to mix the ingredients of the dressing separately before using. Prep and Cook Time: 1 minute

Ingredients:
  • 3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • sea salt and pepper to taste
Directions:
Toss your favorite salad with the ingredients and serve. Serves 2.


* F.A.T. stands for Fit and Trim

2 comments:

Joyce said...

GIRL! I love those Laaaara bars...I get them at Whole Foods and have been eating them for a couple of years....mainly because they are GLUTEN FREE. And you should try the "Cliff Bars" too...those are high in protein.

I throw both these things in my truck and in my purse and eat them instead of eating out or when I forget to eat or whatever.
I was so surprised to see that photo and your post on them.

I didn't think anyone else knew what they were. :--)
Going to bed....stressful week. HA!
Will explain MORE later....
Love ya!
Joyce

Karen said...

Would you mind sharing your recipe for the energy bars with me? I might have to give that Mediterranean Dressing a try. I love to find good, healthy recipes!

Hope you have a great weekend!
Karen