FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES

Jun 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

My dad, Craig Matheny, showed great potential, even as a toddler.

Growing up with Daddy, I always had to sort through Father's Day cards because most did not represent my dad's interests. He doesn't golf, hunt, fish, smoke a pipe, or sail. However, he does hike, ride a bike, and do carpentry: all at close to 77 years of age!

Alright, this is not the type of bike he rides, although it would be fun to see my daddy in tights!

This photo could represent Dad, except that my dad packs meatier thighs and calves! YES, he is a stud!

This vintage illustration represents my sexy and classy parents looking adoringly at me. This was their Neo-Parent era when they truly did not appreciate the perfection of having an only child. My life was bliss! I had no competition or sibling squabbles. You can tell that I was not anticipating a future of babysitting 2 younger brothers and having my bliss altered by generous doses of testosterone. No, I would never trade in my brothers, but there was something to be enjoyed here.

I seem to remember treating my daddy to breakfast in bed, uh...once. (Hopefully, this is not an illusion of my leaky brain.) It didn't look this Rockwell-ish and we were not dressed to the nines while entering a picturesque bedroom.

Now, this card at least represents something my daddy loves. He has always enjoyed working with his hands.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, DADDY!
Click HERE to view last year's Vintage Tribute.

Note: Pictures other than that of my dad are from art.com

4 comments:

Cyndi Evans said...

hey ..be thankful for your Daddy extra special today, as my own Daddy is in heaven..I bet he is enjoying himself there! I miss him so much.

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

My Dad is also in Heaven. Happy Father's Day to your Dad...m.

Candy-Faith..... from Simply Pretty said...

Hi :)
I was blog hopping and came across your blog and thought Id say HI :)
Candy

Jojo said...

Your Dad sounds like one cool dude! KJ, I am so glad that you stopped by to visit my page and for leaving a comment. I hope you visit again. Happy Summer!!!