FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES
{ Click the Blog Banner to return to the Main Page }

Sep 5, 2009

Autumnal Tumblings

We had a poolside luau here in Orange County last night for the Fusion (40+) group of my church. As late as 9 PM, the temperature was 85˚. And yet, fall was on my mind. There was a teasing warm breeze. My thoughts were shifting from leis and island music to pumpkin latte's, baked fruits, and autumn leaves.


So, here's welcoming dose of fall. Showcased here are some of the adornments that Susan Branch included in a fall feast that she hosted at Martha's Vineyard. I have a number of Susan's books and enjoy her illustrations! This napkin fold is one of my favorites as I love to tuck small guest favors within it's enveloping layers.

Entertaining in Fall: Susan Branch - Country Living

TIP: One of my favorite and most used tools is a silver Sharpie. Try using this tool on dried or freshly fallen leaves.

6 comments:

BittersweetPunkin said...

I've had a Pumpkin Spice latte 2 days in a row....I love anything Pumpkin! I am soooo ready for Fall...it's a lil cool here today...and I'm ok with that!

Hugs,
Robin

Renee said...

Cheers to fall.

Renee xoxo

Becky said...

Yes, I am dreaming of fall too. Summer has its wonderful qualities, but I am looking forward to cooler temps.

Tea Time and Roses said...

Hello Dear Karen!

I too have Autumn on my mind.:o) Thanks so much for the tip! I will certainly try it.:o) By the way, happy Labor Day to you and your family my friend. Enjoy a beautiful week.

Smiles...

Beverly

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Beautiful!! I adore fall...m.

Cyndi Evans said...

I have the best pumpkin bar recipe..if you want a copy of it ..let me know!