FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES

Dec 9, 2009

Silver Anniversary and A Winner!

ANNIVERSARY

Yesterday was my 25th Wedding Anniversary! I wrote on my Facebook Wall: "Barry and I have been married 25 years today! I remember saying 'I do,' and then it seems like we blinked! Now, with 3 incredible children, an awesome son-in-law, and a grandson in the oven, we have arrived, by God's Love and Grace, at this noteworthy Anniversary!" I am married to a hard working, honorable man who loves the Lord and his family! Cheers to another 25!

A WINNER

As a few of you know, I also just celebrated my 500th post on eye-dyllic. This happened about the time that I welcomed my 500th friend on Facebook. There's no connection, but I thought it was a coincidence.

One friend, Joyce, commented that she was surprised that more people were not entering my 500th Post Giveaway. After all, I had posted this for all my 500 friends on Facebook to see. {{GRIN}}  Yet, I'm not really surprised. When I began my Pampered Chef business, my recreational time got swallowed up. Although I am getting back into my blog routine, I am still challenged with making visits. And, when my appearance dwindles at other blogs, my visits here decline.  It's understandable.

So, I did not advertise this Giveaway to other bloggers. I just left it open to those who visit on their own accord and perhaps have been patient with my business growing pains.

Are you ready? My son, Brock, drew the winner.


Jo slipped in at the last moment, relieved that she had not missed it.  And, indeed, she became the winner!  Joyce, you were so tenacious.  I pinkie promise to do this again!  Thanks to all you wonderful ladies for participating!

3 comments:

Joyce said...

Karen,
That was so sweet of you.
And you are very correct regarding blogs. People drop off the planet and then we never hear from them......and sometimes WE drop off the planet and we loose our friendships.
It's been interesting for me through this blogging journey as well......I'm trying to keep up with FB and the blogging....but the blogging is more of a "chore" at times.
Hard to keep interesting and such.....yet there is a "fulfillment" that comes with the blog that doesn't come with the other thing.
Keep creative and keep pressing on!
Congratulations to your friend "Jo!"
Be blessed.......Joyce

NeereAnDear said...

OMGOOODNESS !!!! I WON! AND THEN MISSED IT!!!!

SEE I SLIP IN AT THE LAST MINUTE AND THEN SLIP IN WAAAAY AT THE LAST MINUTE TO CLAIM MY PRIZE!!

SHAME ON ME AND THANK YOU KJ FOR A WONDERFUL GIVE AWAY!!

LOTS OF HUGS
JO

NeereAnDear said...

AND THEN I GET SO EXCITED THAT I FORGET TO WISH YOU HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

LOVES YA
JO