FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES
{ Click the Blog Banner to return to the Main Page }

Jan 19, 2010

My Happy-tat


A crown is merely a hat that lets the rain in.
-Frederick The Great

I'm singing in the rain, just singing in the rain;
What a wonderful feeling, I'm happy again.
-Arthur Freed

It has been raining for the last couple of days here in California. I threw the blinds back on my living room picture window and created my happy-tat. I made hot cocoa and later, French press coffee. After all, it was a holiday and I eagerly chose to do nothing.

We don't get rain often, but when it does appear it makes a statement. Albert Hammond's lyrics danced in my head: "It never rains in California | But girl, don't they warn ya | It pours, man it pours." How accurate!

4 comments:

Cyndi Evans said...

RAIN>>>hurrah...we too had rain this week!! and perhaps sleet, snow and more rain are on their way in later this week...a few more weeks and maybe this snow bunny will get to see you!!

Joyce said...

Was that Barry Manilow that sang/wrote that song..?
Glad you made it through the storms...

Anonymous said...

Hi just wanted to say that It Never Rains in California" was first sang in 1972 by an English artist, named Albert Hammond. Barry M. sang it on his 2007 album, The Greatest Songs of the Seventies.

Karen June Miller said...

Thanks, Anonoymous for the correction. You are so right. And, I have made the correction.

KJ