FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES
{ Click the Blog Banner to return to the Main Page }

Mar 25, 2010

The Heavens Have Opened!


I was attracted to this beautiful pink floral and sunny yellow Adderley Bone China teacup on eBay.  My collection of individual teacups includes yellow only as an accent color!  So, I chose to "watch" this item until the last 10 seconds of the auction and then quickly toss in my bid.  This way, I avoid needlessly driving up the price.  Surprisingly, I have had great success with this practice.

I missed the auction.  Gladly, the teacup was not sold and was re-listed by the seller.  This time around, I had competition.  So, with an alarm set on my iPhone, which is where I manage most of my eBay activity, this treasure soon became mine.

My teacup arrived today and was among other expected arrivals!  I paid no heed to the senders until I unwrapped some Lady Londonerry Tea from Hope Chest in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.  I promptly puddled up because I knew exactly who had sent this tea to me.  Just after Joyce, of The Secret Gardener, had won my Irish Breakfast Tea Giveaway, she had mentioned this tea as being one of her favorites!

This was a complete surprise.  And, it's arrival could not have been timed better than on the day my sweet yellow teacup had arrived home!

Thank-YOU, Joyce!

6 comments:

Joyce said...

Your new teacup is precious...what a vivid yellow it is.
Oh your gonna love that tea......it's my most fave!
I will have to send this blog posting over to my friend Marsha since she is the Hope Chest "Lady."
I had her make me up a huge tin of her cucumber sandwhiches today....they are sooooo good.
The best in the world. Honestly.

BittersweetPunkin said...

Aww.....how sweet!!

Annesphamily said...

That teacup is precious but a friend sending tea in the mail priceless!

Becky K. said...

How very providential. Isn't it fun to enjoy such "coincidences"?

Enjoy!

Becky K.

Marsha said...

This is Marsha from the HopeChest. So glad you like the tea that our good friend Joyce sent you. She is as sweet as they come, and loves her friends in just the right way as needed. There are no coincidences, right Joyce? I could go on and on, but I'm going to put the rest of your FB, if you "friend" me. Talk to you later.

NeereAnDear said...

Hey sweet KJ....

Love the tea cup ... bright ... and lovely!!! How fantastic that you also received a gift of special tea at the same time....

How exciting for you that your first grandchild will soon be here!!!!.... you must be on pins and needles ... jumping every time the phone rings.... your emotions running the gammut as you await the call of all calls....

I stopped by to wish you a HAPPY EASTER... I lift my tea cup to you .... in anticipation of your beautiful arrival.... and sending wishes for a short and easy delivery for Briana....

HERES TO NEW BEGINNINGS!!!

LOTS OF HUGS
JO