FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES

Mar 7, 2010

RE:JOYCE

I placed a Valentine in my last post.  It did have merit and it paired nicely with my tea theme.  It was the first week of March and I was still tossing rose petals.

My friend, Joyce Mahan playfully reminded me that St. Patrick's Day is soon to be upon us.  So, I'm loosening my stronghold on Valentine's Day and raising a banner to St. Patty.  Drawing from the Irish on both sides of my family (Matheny and Drummy), I have no trouble celebrating my Irish roots.  And, in the spirit of retro, here is a vintage illustration.

Also, if any of you have a favorite Irish meal, please share it with me.

2 comments:

Joyce said...

Karen,
I LOOOOVE that artwork!!!

We DO have a favorite Irish meal here at the Mahan house...Corned Beef and Cabbage which we will be serving lovingly to about 30 guests on Sunday at the "Annual Mahan St. Patrick's Day Feast."
Wish you were here!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I recieved my tea and had a cup today. I will think of you as I sipp it. Thank-you so much. We have cabbage, new red potatoes and pork roast as I do not like corned beef....smilesm..