FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES

Mar 28, 2010

Vintage Easter and Waiting

We are still waiting for the birth of our first grandchild.  Baby Caleb's due date was yesterday and he is obviously not ready for his debut.  Bear and I are acting much the way we did during our own pregnancies, indulging in creature comforts.  Bear is making his "famous"  pancakes right now — at 10:20 PM!

I will be sleeping with my cell phone until we receive the awaited call.  It's interesting how priorities shift once the target date passes.  I am invited to attend the delivery, so I am reluctant to schedule anything that might prevent that.

Patience and I don't always get along...

4 comments:

Becky K. said...

Awwww....this post is so sweet!

I do hope he comes at an opportune time. Babies are the sweetest things ever!!!!

Becky K.

Alison Gibbs said...

Oh karen how wonderful it will be for you to attend the delivery. It is such a special time. I have been at the births of 2 of my 3 grandchildren. There are no words to describe the feeling.
Alison

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Karen~ How wonderful. I can't wait for the day I'm in your shoes. I'm sure it'll be a while since my son and DIL have only been married a couple years.
I hope your wait isn't to much longer. Look at it as a further opportunity to go shopping for some fun baby items.

Sweet wishes,
Sara

tea time and roses said...

Hello Karen!

What a happy and exciting time!! I remember how excited we were waiting on our little grandson to show, and he is now almost two years old! Time flies when you are having fun.

Happy Easter to you and the family. Enjoy a most lovely Resurrection Sunday!

Smiles...

Beverly