FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES

Apr 3, 2010

I'm a Grandma!


On Tuesday, March 30th at 10:16 PM, Little Caleb made his debut!  And, I officially took on my role as Nana KJ!  Lorraine Lemos, the paternal grandmother, and I were both honored to witness the emergence of this precious life.


It was strange being present at a birth where I was now a  spectator, and yet feeling deeply for the discomfort of my daughter, Briana.  It was also affirming to connect with my daughter on a new level, sharing an understanding of something that can only be experienced.


Just as the windows of heaven opened when I held Briana, my eldest, for the first time, a brand new capacity for love enveloped my heart.  No turning back...

17 comments:

Annesphamily said...

Congrats! Those grand babies are awesome! Your little one is a true angel boy!

La Tea Dah said...

Congratulations on the new little one! Most precious!

Becky K. said...

You are so right. A lifetime of love and concern awaits you. It is all so worth it!

So precious each life that God brings into the world.

Congratulations!

Becky K.

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

Grandchildren are just amazing. Although mine live in a different state, we still are able to "connect" lots. :)

Blissitydoodah said...

He is REALLY cute! I love his little mouth!
And look how skinny you are! :)

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

You are so beautiful and your Grandchild is soooo sweet!!!

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

OH HAPPY DAY!! Congratulations to you and your family!!

Sweet wishes,
Sara

Marilyn said...

How wonderful! Congratulations!

Mike said...

Congratulations! What a joy!

tea time and roses said...

Congratulations dear Karen!! What a beautiful baby, a most precious gift. Enjoy your new grand baby my friend.:o)

Smiles...

Beverly

Patty said...

Wow congratulations!!

Joyce said...

Just "GLORIOUS" is all I can say! Love all his hair. Very happy for you Nana.

Susie Q said...

He is precious! YOu look so beautiful...just glowing! : )
Congratulations to all of you!
Love,
Sue

NeereAnDear said...

OMG!!! What an absolute adorable... darling.. amazing little wee one!!

So beautiful... CONGRATS!!! To Grandma and Mom!! What a beautiful blessing ... how lucky you are to experience the birth with your daughter...

LOTS OF HUGS
JO

Alison Gibbs said...

Such an amazing experince to see your grandchild come into the world. I have been present at the birth of 2 of my 3 granchildren and it was amazing
Alison

meleen dupré said...

congrats on your new addition!!!!

meleen

BailiwickStudio said...

Congratulatins KJ! Being a grandmother is one of the most rewarding roles I've ever played! I know you'll enjoy every minute. ::Jill