FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES
{ Click the Blog Banner to return to the Main Page }

May 27, 2010

Pleasures

CHANGING SEASONS

Since March of 2009, I have been blessed with an amazing son-in-law and I have watched — with much admiration — as my daughter has defined her nest and embraced motherhood.  And, there is a shortage of adjectives to describe the feeling of being a grandma for the first time.  My heart dances jubilant at the mere thought of Baby Caleb!

Even with all this excitement, this season has been bittersweet.  There has been profound and perplexing sadness.  Yet, I am thankful for the steadfast love of Daddy God and how He lifts my downcast eyes to what is praiseworthy and pleasurable.  I am indeed a prisoner of hope!  (Zechariah 9:12)

THE FRENCH PRESS AS AN HERBAL PRESS

One delightful detour has given new meaning to my French Press.  Martha Stewart Living featured "Easy Infusions" under Good Things in her March 2010 edition.  With a little innovation, the French Press yields beverages such as Thyme, Apple, and Ginger; Lemon Verbena and Lemongrass; and Tarragon and Orange Peel.  Click HERE.

MY PRETEND LIFE IN FRANCE

Young Julia Child

And speaking of French, I have been listening to the audio version of My Life in France, a memoir of Julia Child's mid-life arrival as an icon for French cuisine and the American kitchen!  Yes, I could read the book, but I would be deprived of Kimberly Farr's eloquent French as she names the culinary specialties and lovely places that both Julia and Paul explored while living in France.  Julia's descriptions of all things French is truly a travelogue!

SOMETHING TO TRIFLE ABOUT

I have also been having a ball with my Pampered Chef Trifle Bowl!  I am quickly assembling an impressive collection of recipes for this versatile bowl, which also functions well as a centerpiece.  One dazzler is our Strawberry Coconut Tres Leches Trifle!  Finally, something to trifle with!

4 comments:

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Have a Blessed weekend...m.

Annesphamily said...

Have a wonderful holiday weekend! Blessings to you and yours. Anne

NeereAnDear said...

KJ .... it sounds like your son in law is a real peach and I must say it is fascinating to watch a daughter grow into a beautiful young woman....

Wanted to let you know that I received my tea today... looking forward to a nice cup this weekend as I read books and relax...

Thank you for a wonderful giveaway

Have a beautiful weekend

LOTS OF HUGS
JO

Susie Q said...

A beautiful post Karen...

Wishing you a sweet, sweet weekend!

Love,
Sue