FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES

Jul 12, 2010

3-Year Blog Anniversary and Summer Haiku-ku Contest!

[The contest has ended.  See the 7/15/2010 post.]

Today, Teena in Toronto wished me a Happy Blogoversary!  I had to think for a moment about what day it was.  Yes!  It is my blogoversary!  My 3rd in fact.  And, it took Teena's attention to detail to remind me!

So, it's fitting that I should launch my Summer Haiku-ku Contest today!  My first contest took place on October 20, 2007.  [Click HERE to see it.]  It was great fun seeing the poet emerge in each of my blog pals.  And the images were delightful.

First, the prize!  The winner will receive a gift copy of the Gooseberry Patch Summer in the Country!  Their books are a handy reference for those moments when I need something fresh and easy.  With July just beginning, there will be plenty of time to enjoy it's seasonal inspiration!

Contest Rules:
  • You may enter as many times as you wish.
  • The deadline for entering is Wednesday, July 14th at 11:59 PM PST.
  • I will be abiding by the traditional Haiku pattern.  I have included the "Recipe for Haiku" below.  In it you will find an explanation and examples.  Click on the image to enlarge.
 Quick Example

Beneath the old oak
a summer gardener naps
in heaven's hammock

-Karen June Miller (2010)

[Click on the Image Below. If you would prefer a PDF version, please email me.]


11 comments:

Mrs.Kwitty said...

LOL--KJ, I really stink at poetry, but I love those Gooseberry books, so here goes!

Life smiles so sweetly
sitting in the summer sun
Lazy cat stretches

xoxo Karen

sister sheri said...

The rain continues
Cold, gray, wet, dreary, somber
Why do I live here?

ps
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a heart-warming comment! Your blog is so inviting... and congrats on your 3rd anniversary. I just celebrated mine in May.

HsAgape said...

Hello dear friend Karen,
Happy 4th to you and your family..

here goes mine...

Remember a friend
it is sweetness to the soul
and joy to the heart

love ya fun girl!

tea time and roses said...

Hello Karen!

Happy Blog Anniversary to you!! Time sure does fly when you are having fun!

You and your family enjoy a most lovely 4th of July!!:o)

Smiles...

Beverly

Persuaded said...

I just stopped in to say thanks for your sweet comment on my blog... and I just stuck around for a shamefully long time. What a darling little blog you have here!

Now I'm going to have to get thinking about a contribution to the haiku thing....;-)

Mrs.Rabe said...

Hi Karen,

Thanks for your visit to my blog via Becky K.'s blog and your nice comment!

I am from So. Cal. but now live in PA!

I will check out your blog soon - it has caught my eye, but I am short on time this Sunday morning!

Happy Independence Day!

Oklahoma Granny said...

After reading the sweet comment you left on my blog I had to pop over and thank you for you visit. Please come again anytime!

Of course, in visiting I had to take a peek at several of your posts and I must say, I've had a marvelous time. Baby Caleb is such a precious gift from God. Our oldest grandson is also a Caleb, although he is a blondie and has quite a few years on your sweet baby. There's just nothing like being a grandparent!

I've also enjoyed reading the recipes you've shared and plan to try some. I love using all of my Pampered Chef pots, pans and utensils. I have quite a collection.

I've bent your ear enough now so I'll just say I hope you and your family has had a wonderful 4th of July.

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Colors are bright
Light up the Summer sky
Happy is the heart

Hope your 4th was wonderful!!!

NeereAnDear said...

I suck at this stuff too... but its always fun to play along with you


Sun is shining
Down on the flowers
Birds are happy

HUGS
JO

Carol said...

Hi Karen!

Thanks a bunch for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment!

Here's my Haiku for your consideration . . .

Blogland is such fun
Meeting new friends who love life
Sharing ideas


Smiles,
Carol

Blissitydoodah said...

Chubby cousins play
sunburned shoulders, noses too
Icees save the day!

Limited syllables make me struggle.
Carefree writing stifles too.
I stink at creative writing.
What's a girl to do?

:)I heart Gooseberry Patch books and Y.O.U.!